Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay guys, what kind of snare (material) do you think this is?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^
    "Yes I'm a new world samurai, and a redneck nonetheless..."

"dudes... am i the only one here that would rather have sex with joe walsh than britney spears? " - jonnykilledAtele

Comment

^

So far I've got two people saying it's brass.

------------------
      "Yes I'm a new world samurai, but a redneck nonetheless..."

"dudes... am i the only one here that would rather have sex with joe walsh than britney spears? " - jonnykilledAtele

Comment

Come on you ****************ers!

------------------

Comment

^

Comment

^

Comment

Come on...

------------------

Comment

One more time.

------------------

Comment

I think it's brass!

------------------
                  "What a tool!"
                  "What a tool!"

Comment

Hi! Warpedpig
                    I beg to differ, The Pearl free-floating drum is NOT free-floating in the true sense. It is also not a new design. The original design was patented in 1987 by Cleland, again in 1989 by Bonsor, and once more in 1994 by Kurosaki, none of these drums claim to be, nor are truly free-floating
                    Mike.

Comment

hey rudy

yeah same with the dw woofers, people think these are new creations but they have been done before.

I heard the way the free floater works actually inhibits more vibration than that of a lug screwed shell .

I'm prety sure those pearl and other guys hire writers or someone that knows how to write well to make their stuff sound like its a big deal and its supreme. yeah right
                      Rene

Comment

Hi! Blastgenerator
                        IMO the pearl design does not let the shell resonate fully, nor do lug screwed shells. A truly free-floating drum must meet three basic requierments.

A shell suspended and held in place only by its bearing edges in contact with the upper and lower heads, allowing the shell to resonate fully

A shell completely void of hardware contact that would impede its resonance.

The ability to maintain tension of the upper and lower heads to unequal degrees of rigidity.

The only drum that has succeeded designing a TRULY FREE-FLOATING DRUM and holds a U.S. Patent for doing so are MyMi Drums, and they sound great.
                        Mike.

Comment

Working...
                        X