new MESHUGGAH (nothing)!!!

killingcupid

• Members

The new Meshuggah record (called 'nothing') is absolutely awesome. Less double bass than on 'destroy, erase, improve' or 'chaosphere' but more subtle parts instead. It seems like Fredrik Thordendal (Meshuggah's lead guitarist) incorporated a lot of influences from his sideproject (fredrik thordendal's special defects). This record might take some time to get used to but it's awesome!!!

Tomas Haake is one HELL of a drummer.

• Members

Yeah, I got an Advance Retail copy. That's why I already have 'nothing'. I think it's a great album but it takes some time to get used to their new approach. I mean, it's still a typical Meshuggah record and all but they just chose a more subtle approach as to before. Like I said; less double bass, more melody, mostly slow songs, etc.

• Members

Well, at first I was a little disappointed also. But after I listened to it a couple of times it started to grow on me. To me it sounds like a mixture of Chaosphere, Destroy/Erase/Improve and Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects (more jazz/fusion, etc.).

And the drumming is unbelievable, as usual.

• Members

Originally posted by killingcupid

I heard 'nothing' will come out in the first week of August...but I'm not sure.

The new Nile should be awesome too.

offtopic: Yeah man, wich drummer is going to drum on the new Nile album? Laureano? THAT WIL BE 100% ROCKED!!@!

offtopic2: He, rob weet jij die site van die muziekwinkel uit Eindhoven met die hele prijslijst online? Tnx, ik kon je niet vinden op msn :)

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by killingcupid

Well, at first I was a little disappointed also. But after I listened to it a couple of times it started to grow on me. To me it sounds like a mixture of Chaosphere, Destroy/Erase/Improve and Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects (more jazz/fusion, etc.).

And the drumming is unbelievable, as usual.

Have to agree. I got it and the drumming is awesome. Wish I could be jamming with a drummer that can get those tight bass drum sounds...

• Members

I hope your joking dim sim!? Messugah do kick serious ass, but i heard our guitarists copy of nothing and whilst impressive technically it did'nt really float my boat. has any one heard of soil work? amazing! I jammed with one of(many) christian deaths old guitarists last month, how the mighty do fall. Cant wait for the next Zyklon album! End to random mumblings, Luke out :)

• Members
Originally posted by frozin

anyway, 27 days until i see meshuggah, and more importantly,
TOOL!
:D

A friend of mine went to one of those concerts. He said Meshuggah got booed off the stage. He said they were good, but everyone was too obsessed with Tool.

• Members

I've noticed that most people either love Tool or absolutely hate them. Those that love Tool are {censored}ing obsessed...

It's strange that people are just either extreme but almost never in the middle about that band.

I think I'm gonna hit that concert as long as I don't have a midterm the next day. I wanna see Meshuggah, my girlfriend wants to see Tool, so it all works out.

Archived