my band's new mp3

Extremis

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
  • Members

When I first heard it, the song sounded like a twist of a tool song,and something else couldn't put my finger on it.

Your lead singer sounds like the guy from Orgy, which isn't bad.

You yourself sound damn good, real orginal {censored}, I don't know if you like to be compared to people but If i had to pick 2 it would be Dana Carey (Tool) and Chad Sexton (311). Your tom work sounds like Carey and your snare work sounds like Sexton.

Good luck

• Members

wow.. thanks. Danny Carey is a big influence I have to admit. Singer does need work, I agree. He has been singing for about 8 months now and hasn't really found his niche yet, and needs to build up his vocal strength. We're looking into getting vocal lessons. Thanks for the comments.

• Members

We recorded at a local studio called Soundmill in Fort Wayne, IN. Everything was recorded and mixed with Pro Tools. They had some pretty high dollar gear in there and they charged a rate of $45/hour which is pretty damn good compared to some other studios around here. Taking into consideration the result, it was worth it. It took us about 80 hours total to complete the album which has 65 minutes worth of music.

• Members

pretty good, I haven't listened to the whole song because I've only got dial-up and I've only heard what seems like the first 1/4 of the song. Great drumming. I like how in the beginning you've got the whole syncopated thing going on, then goes into the more traditional beat. I like that contrast.

I've heard most of it now...

it's not really my kind of music, but it's a good song. There's a few places where it changes and makes it interesting, I like that. You guys are really good. :)

here's my band's site....

www.homebodymusic.com

our music's not up right now because the mp3's are still on angelfire and there's that whole "no remote linking" or whatever. But in like a day or so it should be good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Hamburgermilk

Not bad....do i sense some Portnoy influence?? please don't turn into a show off "band" like dream theatre.

responding to whom? gcdrummer or me? And by the way gcdrummer, I enjoyed your work on those recordings.

*edit-quoted the wrong person ;)*

*edit again because i didn't change the name :(*

Archived