• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds very good for a rock band

Keep up the good work

Patt
    Patt

Comment

since you mention it i'll post the other one, it's the first song we ever wrote so be gentle..

http://www.sonorus.net/Music/TheGift.mp3

Comment

Hey where/how did u record this stuff? sounds good! I like the songs, remind me of the whole tool thing too, plus some local band around here.
        Take this advice at your own risk, i am in no way a pro, this is just from my experiences. . . .results may vary. If this suggestion causes any skin deformation, or you experience itching, please consult your doctor.

Comment

We recorded at a local studio called Soundmill in Fort Wayne, IN. Everything was recorded and mixed with Pro Tools. They had some pretty high dollar gear in there and they charged a rate of $45/hour which is pretty damn good compared to some other studios around here. Taking into consideration the result, it was worth it. It took us about 80 hours total to complete the album which has 65 minutes worth of music.

Comment

pretty good, I haven't listened to the whole song because I've only got dial-up and I've only heard what seems like the first 1/4 of the song. Great drumming. I like how in the beginning you've got the whole syncopated thing going on, then goes into the more traditional beat. I like that contrast.

I've heard most of it now...

it's not really my kind of music, but it's a good song. There's a few places where it changes and makes it interesting, I like that. You guys are really good.

here's my band's site....
            www.homebodymusic.com

our music's not up right now because the mp3's are still on angelfire and there's that whole "no remote linking" or whatever. But in like a day or so it should be good.

Comment

http://www.sonorus.net/Music/WakeInsideADream.mp3

tear this one apart! By the way, our album is out contact me by email at bolshevik84@hotmail.com if you would like a copy. It is $10 per copy, and the album contains 65 minutes of music. Once again thanks for all the comments, critiques, and compliments.

Comment

Damn, hope I sound that good in 2.5 years.
                Modern Drunkard Magazine
                Slim Cessna's Auto Club

Listen to Pine Box
                Listen to Munly

"There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk" -Tom Waits

Comment

Here you go...

story of now

a montague in a capulet world

lucy

puzzle

ENJOY!!
                  Move to the beat of a different drummer.tommymaras.comAmedia cymbal artist.Amedia CymbalsScorched Earth - Psalter Drums

Comment

Not bad....do i sense some Portnoy influence?? please don't turn into a show off "band" like dream theatre.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamburgermilk
                      Not bad....do i sense some Portnoy influence?? please don't turn into a show off "band" like dream theatre.

responding to whom? gcdrummer or me? And by the way gcdrummer, I enjoyed your work on those recordings.

*edit-quoted the wrong person *
                      *edit again because i didn't change the name *

Comment

dude how do you learn to play that good? honestly im not into your music its not my style but your drumming is tight and amazing, your about 17 right? **************** im 17 but ive only been playing for about 6 months. but yeah your drummings great i think youre gonna go far. i heard some tight shredding on the guitar too. how did your band record the tracks its good quality
                        ludwig 70s black panther 5 piece
                        pearl export 5 piece
                        gibson RD
                        gibson les paul studio
                        gibson explorer
                        marshall jcm 800 2010
                        hagstrom viking
                        fender mexi tele w/ hot rail
                        epiphone les paul custom w/emg 81
                        zoom mrs 1044
                        line 6 pod
                        ............i could go for a les paul or sg custom

Comment

Pretty cool Extremis.
                          The drums could come up in the mix, but the band sounds good.
                          Oil slicks found to keep seals young, supple..."

Solo Anderhaf
                          Solo aanvullend
                          anotheryou
                          stthomas_son
                          Me&My Uncle

Comment

what snare are you using?
                            Structure of Decay
                            www.myspace.com/structureofdecay

Comment

I used a 14 X 6.5 pearl masters birch snare. I used a falam II head by remo on the batter side. It's normally used as a marching snare head. It's really thick and made out of kevlar I believe; I had it cranked on pretty tight. I had an ambassador head on the resonant side. With the falam II I lose a lot of different tonalities and overtones that would come out with a thinner head, but it gives a nice tight crack. I liked it.

Comment

sounds cool!

meza virs
                                http://mezavirs.bestmusicpages.com
                                Meza Virs - Dark Symphonic Metal from Singapore
                                www.myspace.com/mezavirs
                                www.meza-virs.com

Comment

Working...
                                X