Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on Weezer's drummer?

If you have the chance check out the song "Burndt Jamb" it's real bomb, lots of fun to play.

Nice practice when you play drums for about 1 month.
    Sorry for my bad english

Comment

I think his beats are pretty simple, otherwise....nothing really stood out good or bad.
      Modern Drunkard Magazine
      Slim Cessna's Auto Club

Listen to Pine Box
      Listen to Munly

"There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk" -Tom Waits

Comment

I really like him. He's real simple, straightforward, and solid. He backs Weezer's music very well and is kinda fun to watch live. But all of the fills on the blue CD are crazy stupid. It sounds like he's playing a ghetto set.

(For those who, unlike me, are not alumni of the MCHS jazz band, a "ghetto" set is a kit consisting of a hihat, kick, snare, and crash. Lightness and cheapness are main factors, as well as the ability to play hip hop beats. Used when the lazy ass drummer doesn't feel like lugging his own stuff and asks the horn guys to do it.)

Comment

have you seen the video for "Undone" (The S=w=eater song)?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rage Bass Dude
              have you seen the video for "Undone" (The S=w=eater song)?

yes with dogs at the end.

I like this drummer, he plays very simple lines, but he always reach the goal of the song.
              Funkenste1n

Comment

I don't think he is completely without talent (as many people do), though the majority of his repertoire proves differently. Ive been listening to Pinkerton a lot recently and it showcases his ability more than any other of their albums (although I haven't heard Maladroit yet so I shouldn't say that).
                Beanerican/Lorenz.
                Making a difference, one dead fetus at a time.

founding member of venture bros avatar club.

Originally posted by FrettnOvrNuttn
                Dr. Lorenz is a Great American.

Originally posted by MrKnobs
                9/10 OJ'ers have great difficulty spelling "diarrhea" correctly, myself included.

Comment

That's true, and I think that it takes a high level of skill to play as simply as Pat does. Before Weezer he played in band that were more of the Primus/RHCP vein. I think this guy has skills he is humble enough to keep in his pocket and play what is needed, which in Weezer is simplicity. There are some great fills on Pinkerton.

Ken
                  Check out my music here:

http://kni.songhole.org
                  http://www.abandonedloverecords.com

Comment

Pat's a good player. He does what's required for the songs...nothing more, nothing less. That's what makes a good drummer in a band great. A seasoned player will play for composition rather than play for himself. That's the discipline behind being a professional...knowing what the song needs and how to get that across without sounding dull.

Comment

"Nice practice when you play drums for about 1 month."

oh man, is that ever soo funny, but more disturbingly, yes it is true. he is too simple, but i guess it suites the crappy music.

kyle
                      kyle

Comment

Weezer is my favourite band of all time, but Pat's beats are pretty simple. But have you seen him play guitar? He was shredding at the last concert I saw, it was pretty cool

Comment

he is awsome !!!
                          Originally posted by allan grossman
                          Maybe we should just delete crazydave instead?

Comment

I saw a skit on leno or something where they had a fake elvis going around and he went to the weezer guys apartment, and had no idea who he was it was funny.
                            I'll see you down in Arizona Bay!!!

"That was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen!!!
                            And I was not the only one to see it, no, my boss and co workers saw also."-Da_Witch

Comment

have you guys seen the new Video?

Comment

Working...
                              X