Ozzmosis Sessions:

PintoMusic

• Members

Hey guys,

I was looking at the credits on some Ozzmosis tracks and there's no drummer credited. Listening to tracks like "Back On Earth" and "I Just Want You", you can sorta rationalize that they aren't real drums. I'm just curious if anyone knew what gear they used to program the drums (modules, etc...).

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Scheming Demon

Well I don't know for sure but it sounds like real drums to me.

When I first heard the songs, I didn't think twice about it either. Then, after reading the credits and noticing there was no drummer, I listened a little bit closer.

Check out the drum fills in the little break before the guitar solo on "Back On Earth". The performance sounds totally mechanical. Other than that, they sound fine to me. That's why I'd like to know what they used to get those sounds.

• Members

It's possible, but why would they go through all that trouble? Ozzy has had some great musicians back him up , and Tommy Aldridge and Randy Castillo are two awesome (and some of my fav) drummers. I believe Castillo played on that album, why would they use programmed drums for all but 2 songs? Especially when they've got a kick ass drummer sitting right there.

• Members

Originally posted by stapes2260

I believe Castillo played on that album, why would they use programmed drums for all but 2 songs? Especially when they've got a kick ass drummer sitting right there.

I don't have "Ozzmosis" so I can't verify whether Castillo played on there or not. I do have the "Ozzman Cometh" greatest hits/interview discs and the credits for both "I Just Want You" and "Back On Earth" do not make any mention of a drummer but do give credit to someone for programming.

If they used a drummer on the whole CD except 2 songs, I can't think of a reason why they would've done that. The drums on those songs aren't anything that couldn't have been done easily by any session drummer.

• Members

Now I love Ozzy's music, especially Sabbath and his first 2 solo albums, but have you guys heard about how Sharon has been screwing over Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake for years about royalties and writing credits? Did you know that Bob Daisley wrote virtually ALL of the lyrics from "Blizzard" to "No Rest.." and didn't get credit? Did you know that Bob Daisley wrote the lyrics to "Suicide Solution" about Ozzy drinking himself to death when Ozzy has been lying all these years and saying he wrote the song about Bon Scott.........With all this in mind, it wouldn't surprise me if the drums on Ozzmosis are fake so that Sharon doesn't have to split up the money.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Deen Castronovo played drums on ozzmosis.

micheal beinhorn produced it

the drums sound kinda electronic in parts, i heard that beinhorn is a perfectionist so click tracks were probably all over the shop. The production is less organic than on the down to earth album.

my fav is no more tears btw

• Members

OK, I have the CD booklet opened and in front of me. There is no mention whatsoever of programmed anything.

The band members are listed as:

Ozzy Osbourne - vocals

Geezer Butler - bass

Zakk Wylde - guitar

Deen Castronovo - drums

Rick Wakeman - keyboards

Michael Beinhorn - keyboards

Accurate or not, that is what is listed in my booklet.

Archived