People who you respect

wally_groove

• Members

******Please, do NOT turn this thread into a flame war...that is NOT my intention.******

Just want to give shout outs to certain members on here who i respect.....don't be upset if i leave you out, there are a ton of users on these boards.

GCdrummer- Sweet kit, great advice....you really know what you're talking about.

The Radman- Your kit(s) are awesome...actually, make that your whole studio. You know what you're talking about....that always helps ;)

Peyton- Even though he just registered, i've known him for 4 years in real life ;) Good drummer. When i moved up here to CO, he took my place as the drummer for the church. (on a pearl masters studio, hehe)

agogobill- i like your kit(s). Those K's are sweet, and that wrap is really cool on that darwin. You give great advice on here...keep it up!

iplayloudly- I dig your kit...especially that Z ride.

DaveTAMA- You use Tama and paiste...just like me. Whats not to like? Great advice, and you use afew innovations.

downinthethird- don't know what you play.....but you gotta love that survey sez pic. :D

rumblebelly- lotta advice from you...nice cymbals.

DarthWader- Always willing to give out advice....nice cymbals too ;)

Drumland- You have the best gear on here. Are you sponsered? I mean....come on, a starclassic with UFIP cymbals...what could be better?

dw-jazzdrum- You are a great addition. Love the advice you give :)

Fafnir777- Know's what he's talking about, and says it like it is.

Again, sorry if i forgot to mention anyone....as i remember, i will edit this poost and add more

So lets here it....give your shout outs to the members on here. Don't make it a flame war, or i'll close the thread)

[This message has been edited by wally_groove (edited April 25, 2002).]

• Members

Originally posted by Boone 5:

downinthethird: funny as hell

wally_groove: nice name

agogobill: Me and him have the same name i think (Bill)

Hell there's alot others I just can't think of, I love em all except dumbasses.

lol....actually my name is justin sharp. Don't ask why i use wally_groove cuz i don't even know. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Boone 5:

downinthethird: funny as hell

wally_groove: nice name

agogobill: Me and him have the same name i think (Bill)

Hell there's alot others I just can't think of, I love em all except dumbasses.

Actually, my real name is Otis Cribblecobblis.

but seriously floks ...

everyone on this forum teaches me something, in some way shape or form. It's a good forum, and most use it to their advantage an try to help when they can. To point out one over the other wouldn't be fair for me to do.

It's a shame that a very, very small number just don't get it, but ya have to take the good with the bad.

(edit: oh, and wally_groove, your check's in the mail.)

--------------------------------

Lisa Simpson to new friend: "What's your name?"

Friend: "Thelonious."

Lisa: "Thelonious?!!

Friend: "yeah ... the esoteric appeal is worth the beatings."

[This message has been edited by agogobill (edited April 25, 2002).]

• Members

Well... I respect most people on this forum, except for maybe a few.

People of who I prefer to read messages are;

Kyrrinstoch - good advice and ddrum talk :)

Agogobil - webmaster of Kleenex.com

Spiralmind - interesting points of view (where are you man!?)

I didn't forget anyone, I mean; there's a special place in my heart for all of you ;)

• Members

Thanks for putting me on your list...I'm probably the least experienced of the group. Everyone that's been listed so far I respect. I also like Nagi and MPCman. There are couple others too but it's too early in the morning for me to remember their names...they sounded like real pros...damn.

• Members

I think of all the members as equals, some know more in one specific area than others but they might know something in another area and be able to help out in some other way

MPCman & Dave Noossence (hope I spelled it right) stand out because they saw right through Synapse2k and knew he never owned a DW drum set.

• Members

Originally posted by theelmsrock:

He DIDN'T? Darn, he sure had me fooled.

Synapse2k posted a Pic of a DW set and one member(sorry can't remember who)

did a search on the pic and it came back to a recording studio owning the set

• Members

Originally posted by Nagi:

Synapse2k posted a Pic of a DW set and one member(sorry can't remember who)

did a search on the pic and it came back to a recording studio owning the set

Yeap, that was about the end of him!

Thanks for the acknowledgement wally! I'll get a list together soon. I just try to help out. If I could make a living teaching drums I would. I guess that's why I post here.

Drumming is cool!

------------------

my band- god complex

current project- here i am, the rock drama

Guest Anonymous

i respect anyone who plays drums and is dedicated to it. so basically i respect most of the people on this board who to me, seem dedicated to what they do. i dont respect people who come here to flame and cause arguments. i doubt those people even play drums. so, there is my poop in the toilet. next!.

• Members

Fafnir777- He knows....hey wait a minute, that's ME!?!?! :D

Actually, I respect everyone here who contributes. I've learned alot from you guys, just observing how you guys do things.

My whole thing is, I've played for a long time, but I don't feel I'm qualified to teach...I can't sight read (Well, I can read but I can't look at a chart, and learn a song from the chart...it still amazes me that people can do it!) But I've accumlated tons of info about drums. I used to get hired to do drumtech work for people, and I swear if you guys want a learning experience - build a drumkit! It will totally change your life, and I'm serious! It will also change your outlook on drum manufacturers.

I know I can be a butthole sometimes...and I will phrase things in ways that...can be taken as me acting like an Ass...I'm not trying to be, but my best friends wife described out whole band as "a bunch of learned pompous asses." He and I were laughing about it last night on the phone.

But, yep, I've learned alot of things from you guys. Just some of the ideas and tips you have brought forth, and these days I'm willing to experiment...you know, I'm on that quest for the "Holy Grail" of drum sounds.

Tim - the enchanter! (....with big Sharp Nasty Teeth. Nrgh! Nrgh! -Monty Python)

• Members

Originally posted by wally_groove:

what a tard. why would someone do that just so they'd look better than they really are?

Because he was a "Psychiatrist with 13 drumsets!"

The best was his claim that he bought a Custom made OCDP kit, and then sent it back because he didn't like the color!

BWAHAHA! What a joke! :D

He went whining to the Moderators when I asked him for his name so that I could verify that he bought and returned a kit to OCDP. Of course, he then got me booted for 30 days for jerking a knott in his ass in the forum when He threatened a teenager - Drumczar - online with Physical violence because DC asked an "off color" question, but it was worth it. :D

If he would have contributed, I would have had no problem with the guy - I just wouldn't have taken anything he said seriously.

I tried to like him, and I just thought he was full of {censored}, but after he jumped on DC that was it, and I snapped.

Tim

• 7 months later...

Archived