Is System Of A Down's drummer cool or what?

Uze Soap

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd say he did the first cd with little/no endorsements....then once that cd generated mega millions of listeners/$$$ he got endorsed by top rate companies and then Toxicity came out. Chop Suey is a good song, but it soon became overplayed. Just like Toxicity. Stupid radio {censored}s don't realize how much better other songs on the cd are.

• Members

Ya, he's definitly one of my favorite drummers from the newer rock bands that have been comming out lately, he rocks! I still have to go pickup the old cd, waiting to find it used somewhere tho. But ya, hes good, and in my opinion i think they chose the singles VERY well. I dont think some of those songs would have gone over quite as well with teh general population that watches mtv/listens to radio. . .. but to each his own. those are 2 of my favorite songs on the cd. . well i like em all actually

• Members

Originally posted by drummerjoe

I think the whole band is very overrated... but can see the drummer as the brighter of the bunch.

Overrated?? I don't think so... I think it's a band with a great drummer, a great singer and a great composer, they definitely don't sound like anybody else.

• Members

much agreed wally groove. Its too bad Paiste doesnt get the recognition it deserves in the states. I have tried every cymbal this side of calcutta and then some. My Paiste sigs have saved me a ton of cash! I no longer need to buy cymbals! it seems every store you go into has a whole wall of Zildjians, and a whole wall of Sabians and oh a few Pasites in the corner:confused:

• Members

He's good!

I've come to conclusion Paiste makes very sturdy cymbals. I still have 2002-series ride from my first kit in use and I've used it as a crash too. Especially before when I didn't HAVE any crashes.. I've been playing for 6 years. I still like the sound of some other manufacturers better.

Archived