Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is System Of A Down's drummer cool or what?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is System Of A Down's drummer cool or what?

Come on. He has the coolest most super-great groovy beats in modern music. Anybody agree? Come on.

He's a very good drummer.
    Modern Drunkard Magazine
    Slim Cessna's Auto Club

Listen to Pine Box
    Listen to Munly

"There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk" -Tom Waits

Comment

I wouldnt say he has the coolest groovy beats... but he does what he does pretty well...
      Hi,

Please clean up your language when posting in our forums if you want to
      participate. We can tolerate some profanity, but some of your recent
      posts are too much.

Scott

Comment

Tama Starclassic Performers (what he recorded with) and Paiste cymbals.....hmmmm

Sounds like me.....it wasn't intentional though, cuz i had all my stuff before i had even heard of them.
        ------------
        wally_groove

Comment

Wally, he uses Starclassic Maples with the silk white wrap.
          ............./´¯/)
          ..........,/¯../ /
          ........./..../ /
          ..../´¯/'...'/´¯¯.`·¸
          ./'/.../..../.....:^.¨¯
          ('(...´...´.... ¯_/'...'/
          .................'...../
          .'\'............. _.·´
          .................(

Spell cymbal right

Comment

He had a small set when they came out with sugar. When they came out with chop suey it got a lot bigger.

Comment

I'd say he did the first cd with little/no endorsements....then once that cd generated mega millions of listeners/$$$ he got endorsed by top rate companies and then Toxicity came out. Chop Suey is a good song, but it soon became overplayed. Just like Toxicity. Stupid radio ****************s don't realize how much better other songs on the cd are.
              ............./´¯/)
              ..........,/¯../ /
              ........./..../ /
              ..../´¯/'...'/´¯¯.`·¸
              ./'/.../..../.....:^.¨¯
              ('(...´...´.... ¯_/'...'/
              .................'...../
              .'\'............. _.·´
              .................(

Spell cymbal right

Comment

He originally had a starclassic performer. That's what he recorded the new album with. But it got stolen so now he uses maple.
                "pink moon gonna get ye all..."

Comment

Ya, he's definitly one of my favorite drummers from the newer rock bands that have been comming out lately, he rocks! I still have to go pickup the old cd, waiting to find it used somewhere tho. But ya, hes good, and in my opinion i think they chose the singles VERY well. I dont think some of those songs would have gone over quite as well with teh general population that watches mtv/listens to radio. . .. but to each his own. those are 2 of my favorite songs on the cd. . well i like em all actually
                  Take this advice at your own risk, i am in no way a pro, this is just from my experiences. . . .results may vary. If this suggestion causes any skin deformation, or you experience itching, please consult your doctor.

Comment

He's the man, Toxicity isn't an overly complicated song to play, but it's just awesome and the drums rule in that song.
                    Ninth Degree

"If I took off the blindfold, would that let me see?" - Ninth Degree

Comment

I think the whole band is very overrated... but can see the drummer as the brighter of the bunch.
                      Hi,

Please clean up your language when posting in our forums if you want to
                      participate. We can tolerate some profanity, but some of your recent
                      posts are too much.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by drummerjoe
                        I think the whole band is very overrated... but can see the drummer as the brighter of the bunch.

Overrated?? I don't think so... I think it's a band with a great drummer, a great singer and a great composer, they definitely don't sound like anybody else.
                        my band: www.grimanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by gaby_tdc

Overrated?? I don't think so... I think it's a band with a great drummer, a great singer and a great composer, they definitely don't sound like anybody else.
                          I totally agree.

Comment

I am far from a System of a Down fan. "Sugar" drove me insane as my brother played it incessantly for a month or so. I never bothered to listen to the new stuff... heard "Chop Suey" maybe once, don't remember it.

Wade

Comment

The intro to toxicity is kewl...

V
                              "Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded." -Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
                              X