Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is System Of A Down's drummer cool or what?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is System Of A Down's drummer cool or what?

Come on. He has the coolest most super-great groovy beats in modern music. Anybody agree? Come on.

He's a very good drummer.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/" target="_blank">Modern Drunkard Magazine</a><br />
    <a href="http://www.slimcessnasautoclub.com" target="_blank">Slim Cessna's Auto Club</a><br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://www.slimcessnasautoclub.com/downloads/mp3s/pinebox.mp3" target="_blank">Listen to Pine Box</a><br />
    <a href="http://smoochrecords.com/audio/Munly&amp;The_Lee_Lewis_Harlots-The_Denver_Boot_Redux.mp3" target="_blank">Listen to Munly</a><br />
    <br />
    &quot;There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk&quot; -Tom Waits</div>

Comment

I wouldnt say he has the coolest groovy beats... but he does what he does pretty well...
      <div class="signaturecontainer">Hi,<br />
      <br />
      Please clean up your language when posting in our forums if you want to<br />
      participate. We can tolerate some profanity, but some of your recent<br />
      posts are too much.<br />
      <br />
      Scott<br />
      </div>

Comment

Tama Starclassic Performers (what he recorded with) and Paiste cymbals.....hmmmm

Sounds like me.....it wasn't intentional though, cuz i had all my stuff before i had even heard of them.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">------------<br />
        wally_groove</div>

Comment

Wally, he uses Starclassic Maples with the silk white wrap.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">............./´¯/) <br />
          ..........,/¯../ / <br />
          ........./..../ / <br />
          ..../´¯/'...'/´¯¯.`·¸ <br />
          ./'/.../..../.....:^.¨¯ <br />
          ('(...´...´.... ¯_/'...'/ <br />
          .................'...../ <br />
          .'\'............. _.·´ <br />
          .................(<br />
          <br />
          <br />
          Spell cymbal right</div>

Comment

He had a small set when they came out with sugar. When they came out with chop suey it got a lot bigger.

Comment

I'd say he did the first cd with little/no endorsements....then once that cd generated mega millions of listeners/$$$ he got endorsed by top rate companies and then Toxicity came out. Chop Suey is a good song, but it soon became overplayed. Just like Toxicity. Stupid radio ****************s don't realize how much better other songs on the cd are.
              <div class="signaturecontainer">............./´¯/) <br />
              ..........,/¯../ / <br />
              ........./..../ / <br />
              ..../´¯/'...'/´¯¯.`·¸ <br />
              ./'/.../..../.....:^.¨¯ <br />
              ('(...´...´.... ¯_/'...'/ <br />
              .................'...../ <br />
              .'\'............. _.·´ <br />
              .................(<br />
              <br />
              <br />
              Spell cymbal right</div>

Comment

He originally had a starclassic performer. That's what he recorded the new album with. But it got stolen so now he uses maple.
                <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;pink moon gonna get ye all...&quot;</div>

Comment

Ya, he's definitly one of my favorite drummers from the newer rock bands that have been comming out lately, he rocks! I still have to go pickup the old cd, waiting to find it used somewhere tho. But ya, hes good, and in my opinion i think they chose the singles VERY well. I dont think some of those songs would have gone over quite as well with teh general population that watches mtv/listens to radio. . .. but to each his own. those are 2 of my favorite songs on the cd. . well i like em all actually
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><br />
                  Take this advice at your own risk, i am in no way a pro, this is just from my experiences. . . .results may vary. If this suggestion causes any skin deformation, or you experience itching, please consult your doctor. </div>

Comment

He's the man, Toxicity isn't an overly complicated song to play, but it's just awesome and the drums rule in that song.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.max-gaming.net/ninthdegree" target="_blank">Ninth Degree</a><br />
                    <br />
                    &quot;If I took off the blindfold, would that let me see?&quot; - Ninth Degree<br />
                    <br />
                    </div>

Comment

I think the whole band is very overrated... but can see the drummer as the brighter of the bunch.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">Hi,<br />
                      <br />
                      Please clean up your language when posting in our forums if you want to<br />
                      participate. We can tolerate some profanity, but some of your recent<br />
                      posts are too much.<br />
                      <br />
                      Scott<br />
                      </div>

Comment

Originally posted by drummerjoe
                        I think the whole band is very overrated... but can see the drummer as the brighter of the bunch.

Overrated?? I don't think so... I think it's a band with a great drummer, a great singer and a great composer, they definitely don't sound like anybody else.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">my band: <a href="http://www.grimanet.com" target="_blank">www.grimanet.com</a></div>

Comment

Originally posted by gaby_tdc

Overrated?? I don't think so... I think it's a band with a great drummer, a great singer and a great composer, they definitely don't sound like anybody else.
                          I totally agree.

Comment

I am far from a System of a Down fan. "Sugar" drove me insane as my brother played it incessantly for a month or so. I never bothered to listen to the new stuff... heard "Chop Suey" maybe once, don't remember it.

Wade

Comment

The intro to toxicity is kewl...

V
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded.&quot; -Jimi Hendrix</div>

Comment

Working...
                              X