Mainline Drumsticks

Scheming Demon

• Members

Anyone have experience with these sticks?

I have tried out 2 pairs. These are synthetic sticks that feel and sound like wood. They are supposed to last longer then conventional wood sticks.

They do feel natural however they are slightly heavier than their wood counterparts. They sound like wood too. They did not however last much longer then the wood sticks and they are considerably more expensive.

• Members

Do they damage ur cymbals less then aluminium sticks? What is the advantage of these sticks, they almost play like wooden and are more expensive. What the {censored}?!

Anyway, why should wooden sticks not last long enough? I handle playing wooden sticks (5A) for about 4 months. I just wonna say, wooden sticks are able to not brake for 4 months at least. So what the {censored} bothering about wooden sticks that break to fast? It aren't the sticks, IT IS YOU!

• Members

Originally posted by Yokozuna

Do they damage ur cymbals less then aluminium sticks? What is the advantage of these sticks, they almost play like wooden and are more expensive. What the {censored}?!

Anyway, why should wooden sticks not last long enough? I handle playing wooden sticks (5A) for about 4 months. I just wonna say, wooden sticks are able to not brake for 4 months at least. So what the {censored} bothering about wooden sticks that break to fast? It aren't the sticks, IT IS YOU!

Yoko I don't understand you. I don't know what these sticks are made out of but they are synthetic and they are not aluminum. They do not damage cymbals. They are "supposed" to last longer than wooden sticks. I have found they do not. I do not play any differently with them as opposed to wood sticks. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.

The whole idea (and selling point) of the Mainline drumsticks is that they feel and sound just like a wooden stick but do not break for an extremely long period of time.

This "so-called" extremely long period of time was not the actual case. Therefore I will go back to using wood sticks. If however they would last up to a year or more without breaking then I would gladly pay the price difference.

Archived