what is the fastest single kick drum pedal?

ae5

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is no single fastest pedal. Depending on your technique and style you may find that you are more comfortable with certain brands and builds. That being said, a lot of guys find belt drive pedals to be the fastest. My advice is to try an assortment of pedals at your local music shop. Experiment with tension and beater style. Note that it's worth the bucks to buy a good quality product from a reputable manufacturer. Also, the speed at which you can control the beater has as much to do with the head tension as the pedal itself.

• Members

wow thanks for the completely unhelpfull replies guys!

no {censored} it depends on how fast the player is

no {censored} it depends on the technique

no {censored} reputable manufacturers are the way to go

what did you think this thread was for?

gimme names and models, which pedals are fast as in light and move very quickly and are very repsonsive and so on.

yea people are going to disagree so there is no 1 ultimate pedal but for christ sake i'm asking for opinions not facts here, which do YOU think is the fastest?

• Members

and as for "just go to the store and try them out" not every store carries every kick pedal, so how am i to know which ones best if the selection i'm dealing with in the first place is crap?

i mean i ask these things in places like this because there are alot of drummers, who have used alot of drum pedals, and MIGHT just have some insight that i don't already have on the subject, like which models are good and fast.

• Members

Originally posted by ae5

gimme names and models, which pedals are fast as in light and move very quickly and are very repsonsive and so on.

yea people are going to disagree so there is no 1 ultimate pedal but for christ sake i'm asking for opinions not facts here, which do YOU think is the fastest?

Wow, can you like not think for yourself or what. Who cares what other people like or dislike. What works for you? Sorry for the unhelpful reply. Would you rather something like this:

Go buy an Axis dude. Like... everything else sucks. Your a loser if you don't play with an Axis pedal. Axis rules the universe!

• Members

Originally posted by Mofishes

Wow, can you like not think for yourself or what.

i can think for myself when presented with the information on a given subject. asking which pedals are faster is part of that gathering of information.

Who cares what other people like or dislike.

i do, as people usually like or dislike things for a reason, and i want to hear what they like and what reasons

What works for you?

nothing at the moment, remember, i'm trying to figure out which pedal to get.

Sorry for the unhelpful reply. Would you rather something like this:

Go buy an Axis dude. Like... everything else sucks. Your a loser if you don't play with an Axis pedal. Axis rules the universe!

i would prefer this type of reply to "just go figure it out man, whatever works for you" blatently obvious blanket statements, like you think i'm gonna go "HEY! that's an idea! i'll go TRY them and see what i LIKE!". i want to know which ones to look for to try.

so you say axis's are good then?

i've only ever played my current drummer's dw double bass pedal which is fairly fast but i have no idea how fast it is stacked up next to whatever else is out there, and an older drummers iron cobra pedal, which was slow and heavy

• Members

Originally posted by ae5

i've only ever played my current drummer's dw double bass pedal which is fairly fast but i have no idea how fast it is stacked up next to whatever else is out there, and an older drummers iron cobra pedal, which was slow and heavy

It also depends on the spring tension and overall setup

I played a DW5000 at GC and it sucked b/c it was not set up to my likings I know this b/c I have 2 single DW5000's I also have a Iron Cobra double pedal and I love it everything is adjustable on this pedal from beater angle to BD hoop height to footboard height and it is very fast and smooth. How much money are you looking to spend? and are you looking for single or double?

I think my IC is as good as my DW's if not better due to all the adjustments and the free case.

• Members

I have owned an assortment of high quality Pearl, Ludwig and Tama pedals over the years and I can honestly say that I never found one pedal to be faster than another. Mind you some were smoother than others. I would suggest that if speed is your primary concern stay away from big bulky designs that look lethargic because those pedals tend to be less responsive. Two chains is overkill.... it's just a marketing ploy. Try a belt drive DW or an Axis with the beater shaft fully extended and tension set high and you might very well have your "fastest" pedal.

• Members

The fastest I.M.O is an Axis pedal,but you need to take the time setting it up properly,this is an Axis X I'm speaking about, the A pedal is a difficult pedal to get used to,& to complicated for beginners.You might want to try a Ludwig speed king because it's very easy to play & still 1 of the more user friendly pedals & very fast ,Dw 5000 single chain is also a good choice.

• Members

Originally posted by ae5

Take it easy dude ;)

Alright, if I had an extra $250($500 for the double)

and I was looking for a new pedal, this would be IT....

9000-Pedal-Composite.jpg

These are probably the best ones on the market currently

http://www.dwdrums.com/pages/nws9000pdl.html

• Members

Originally posted by Bigjohn

Take it easy dude
;)

Alright, if I had an extra $250($500 for the double)

and I was looking for a new pedal, this would be IT....

9000-Pedal-Composite.jpg

These are probably the best ones on the market currently

http://www.dwdrums.com/pages/nws9000pdl.html

damn that looks nice.where can you even find these? the only dw i ever see listed is the 5000

• Members

I have heard many brilliant comments about Axis A, longboards. They will be my next purchase.

I currently use Gibralter II Intruders which I understand are very close in response to the Axis.

These 2 pedals have more adjustments than any other pedals on the market. That makes them the most adaptable.

All other things being relatively equal, my advice is to get the pedal with the most adjustments possible as you will most likely be able to customize it to your playing style for the fastest playing possible.

• Members

Originally posted by ae5

Yeah you tell them! Dammit people, just answer the question or shut up.

• Members

Originally posted by woody431

Well, with $200 per pedal, don't count on buying these 9000's. Two Iron Cobras would be the way to go. Or if you can afford a little more, two Axis A longboards.

yea for the 9000's i might go to the $250 per pedal i suppose. i'd rather get something particularly bad ass and have that and blow an extra $100 than not and forever lust after that 9000.

• Members

Originally posted by Scheming Demon

All other things being relatively equal, my advice is to get the pedal with the most adjustments possible as you will most likely be able to customize it to your playing style for the fastest playing possible.

ah, i see. thanks. is there one in particular which is more adjustable than others or are they all pretty much equally adjustable when you get into the high end like the axis and dw 9000 and so on?

Archived