Favorite cymbal/cymbals you currently own?

Jessz1

• Members

I think I am the only person on earth who doesn't like the K's.....they just never appealed to me for some reason.

I am really fond of the 18" A custom crash, 18 and 16" Z custom crashes...I like the A custom ride too...20". I don't like the 22" rides too much because the decay is {censored}. Don't know much about the splashes or china's. Z custom hi-hats are pretty good too......as you can see I am a Zildjian man ;)

• Members

My 20 inch A. Zildjian medium thin crash. Probably 20 years old and loud and full as hell. My favorite ride is my Paiste Alpha dry ride. I actually prefer the way it sounds over any Zildjian, Sabian, or more expensive Paiste.

• Members

Most of mine suck but I did manage to pick up a pretty cool cymbal I use for a ride.

It's a Zildjian 16" Field cymbal, very heavy with a great ride sound and a LOUD bell. Plus it's so small it's real easy to place in between stuff. Cost $35 on evilBay.

However I am borrowing a 21" Sabian AA and am growing fond of that.

• Members

They are very articulate when closed, they speak quickly and loudly when open, and they have excellent slosh. I wouldn't compare them to many things except they have a very similar sound to paiste sounde edge 2002 when closed. Did you ever get those saludas you were thinking about?

Archived