Drum sound?

Ian@resound-uk

• Members

Hi all :) been messing about with me drummer and was hoping u guys could give yer opinions on the drum sound? we want to make sure it's right before we start recording properly and the more opinions we get the better :) The actual songs will be more straightforward rock.

Cheers,

Ian.............

http://www.resound-uk.com/drumtest.mp3

• Members

Originally posted by Ian@resound-uk

Hi all
:)
been messing about with me drummer and was hoping u guys could give yer opinions on the drum sound? we want to make sure it's right before we start recording properly and the more opinions we get the better
:)
The actual songs will be more straightforward rock.

Cheers,

Ian.............

http://www.resound-uk.com/drumtest.mp3

sounds good to me man. ride comes through pretty good, cymbals sound bright and not too high or low...bass drum is a nice THUD :cool: and the snare sounds good also. Sounds like the drums will sit well in the mix, from what i've heard. I feel like rockin' out now! :D

I give it an A+ :cool:

may i ask what your setup was...??

• Members

Originally posted by HulkBlood01

sounds good to me man. ride comes through pretty good, cymbals sound bright and not too high or low...bass drum is a nice THUD
:cool:
and the snare sounds good also. Sounds like the drums will sit well in the mix, from what i've heard. I feel like rockin' out now!
:D

I give it an A+
:cool:

may i ask what your setup was...??

Thanks :) His kit is a yamaha custom custom or something like that :p all maple. mostly zildjian k cymbals I think.

• Members

Originally posted by HulkBlood01

heh.......but what did you use in the way of microphones, and how many..?

Oh..........doh :p

I borrowed all the mics off my mate who's an engineer. 1 red 5 audio rvd1 bass mic about 3-4 inches from the beater and a c1000 condensor just outside the front skin. sm57s on the snare and 2 toms. A pair of red 5 audio rv4 condensors as overheads, not actually "overhead" :p I set them about 1 meter behind the kit at about a foot above the cymbals one pointing at the ride but situated nearer to the crash, and one pointing between the hats and 2nd crash. All the mics went to a behringer mixer (borrowed off another mate :D ) then to my soundcard.

• Members

the I dont know if anyone has noticed and this is out of left feld but Saturday Night Live has to have the best drum tech ever. Every time i watch that show the drums are sounding damn awsome. Always good tones and loud in the mix.

Archived