PEAVEY Radial Pro 1000 series drums

ANYTHINGTHATROX

• Members

I own two Peavey sets: Radial Pro 500 and 1000. Personally, the 1000 series has the best snare and bass I've ever heard/played. Toms are outstanding. The thin shells really make the drums sing. However, as noted, Peavey doesn't make them any more, nor do they support them. I've learned the hard way. Even with me living in Meridian, MS and the drum plant right down the road from my house. IMO, if the price is right and they're in good shape, go for it.

• Members

StrayMoose, that is a beautiful set. Is that your set ? I wish I could get ahold of that many toms. What all sizes are pictured there ? The set I'm looking at has 8" 10" and 12". I wish I could find a 14" and 16". What size is the bass ? The one I'm looking at is 26" and absolutely sounds like THUNDER. It has an amazing sound. I just love the kick.

Earlster, you say they have the best Bass/snare. I agree with the bass for sure, but the snare doesn't have the sound I'm after. I'm sure it will once I get to tune on it a little. You say if the price is right and good shape, go for it. O.K. They are in excellent shape, not a nick or scratch on them anywhere. The color is "violet gloss", it looks like a dark cherry wood looking color. It is a 5-piece set with Zildjian A Custom cymbals and one of the Pearl Icon Rack systems with alot of mounted hardware. In you guys' personal opinions, what is a good price for this set ?

The heads all need replacing. What do you guys suggest ? They have Remo Black Dot studio heads on them, but definately need changing. Any suggestions ?

• Members

Originally posted by ANYTHINGTHATROX

StrayMoose, that is a beautiful set. Is that your set ? I wish I could get ahold of that many toms. What all sizes are pictured there ? The set I'm looking at has 8" 10" and 12". I wish I could find a 14" and 16". What size is the bass ? The one I'm looking at is 26" and absolutely sounds like THUNDER. It has an amazing sound. I just love the kick.

Yes, that is my kit. I bought it just over two years ago. they are 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 & 22 bass, 14 snare. The kit you're looking at doesn't have a floor tom?

I bought my kit for about $3,000 with all the Peavey hardware (cymbals not included, already had those).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived