Drum samples?

Telestrastic

• Members

Hey guys, i need some help finding some drums samples of a decent acoustic kit. I have some i've been using for years on my other computer (its not at home, but the studio) and i have no way to get the samples off to use in the next month or so. so i need a few samples. Guy know any where i can get some? maybe for free? Thanks guys!

• Members

I'll second this.. I was just about to ask this very question.

Maybe if one of you guys could record some drum hits for us, that would be wonderful!

Most drum hit samples on the net suck badly.. they're all techno/hip-hop drums :(

I'm sure some of you guys could do MUCH better than these so called "experts" who charge for their samples.

• Members

Originally posted by fritzgog13

What kind of sound are you looking for?

For me, rock/metal, but to be honest any *good* samples (none of this electronic crap) of an acoustic drum kit would be excellent.. I dont want to be more fussy than that :)

• Members

elmo-

Well Then, Me and RonniePentatonic from the amp forum have some backing tracks on the boss1600 I'm sure we could pull the drum tracks out for you. Better yet after I polish my performance up a little (DRINK LESS BEER!) I can send the finnished cut to you. I'll (PM) you when I got em.

• Members

elmo-

Well Then, Me and RonniePentatonic from the amp forum have some backing tracks on the boss1600 I'm sure we could pull the drum tracks out for you. Better yet after I polish my performance up a little (DRINK LESS BEER!) I can send the finnished cut to you. I'll (PM) you when I got em.

Fantastic, thanks a lot!

• Members

elmo-

Can I just bump this before it goes from the first page..

If you could do this, then that would be great, but dont worry if it's too much time/effort :)

• Members

interesting , Im getting ready to lay down some drum tracks again with pro tools , and this time around im looking into to trying some different things. One of them was buying a really good drum sample cd for metal drums, and using the pro tools sound replacer to combine my acoustic drum sounds with these sampled drum sounds for that extra FAT sound....Can you guys reccomend any good discs like this ? Ive been looking on the net but havent had any luck just yet....

Thanks !!

Nick

Sicksdeep.com

• Members

Plenty of free, good accoustic drumsets around.

The definitive free kit, as mentioned above:

http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk/nskit_download.html

A fantastically well-recorded dry kit, suitable for subsequent mangling through whatever effects chain you want to put in place.

(NSKit7Full just went pre-order :D )

Geoff Khan's Live Kit 7:

http://www.sf2midi.com/index.php?page=sdet&id=6472

A collection of kits made from two mic-ings, mixed in various ways. You need to rip the samples out of the soundfont yourself, though (not hard).

Alex Weidner's Opti kit:

http://www.kvraudio.com/bank.php?m=dl&id=496

A naturally "live" sounding kit. Samples may need converting from AIFF to WAV.

Michael Kingston's kits:

http://kingstondrums.bombsquad.org/

A pair of rough-and-ready kits - although with various important bits missing, sadly. Nice tone.

Best free sample player for Windows? sfz from rgc:audio. Why? You can easily remap sample-sets to fit your needs.

• Members

I'll second those nskit samples... they're amazingly convincing, and if you get the full pack, there's a sample for all kinds of different hits, soft, hard, about a dozen and a half in between.

If I remember right though, there weren't any china cymbals. Not that it really matters if you're just using them for triggers, because you're probably not triggering your cymbals.

• Members

Originally posted by the-beast

yes ns kit is a good kit

but i would rather have some good mixed heavy metal drum samples

im looking for that i can not seem to mix nskit's samples very well maybe its me

ill keep on searching

Here you go... cuz I'm a nice guy.

http://www.hatredalive.com/drumsamples/

The kick sample "Meat" is the same kick sample I use on my kit.

• Members

Originally posted by LowandLoudx97

interesting , Im getting ready to lay down some drum tracks again with pro tools , and this time around im looking into to trying some different things. One of them was buying a really good drum sample cd for metal drums, and using the pro tools sound replacer to combine my acoustic drum sounds with these sampled drum sounds for that extra FAT sound....Can you guys reccomend any good discs like this ? Ive been looking on the net but havent had any luck just yet....

Thanks !!

Nick

Sicksdeep.com

How high end are you looking for? There's only one choice IMO for something like that, and that's

Drumkit from Hell

Drumkit From Hell - Superior

• Members

Originally posted by Zeromus-X

Oh, and Dark Slide... I've got a way deeper 808 sample if you'd like to give it a try. It's a lot longer though, don't know if that's what you're going for with it.

They were just a bunch of stock samples from my TD-8. I don't use it... I'm sure if I wanted a long low 808, I can get it out of my TD-8. Thanks for the offer though.

• Members

Originally posted by LowandLoudx97

Thanks Darkslide! This def looks like what I was looking for .... Do you own this disc? / have you used any of the samples before?

Thanks again

Nick-

sicksdeep-

No problem. I don't own it myself, but a friend of mine does. The amount of information on the disks is pretty rediculous.

219 meg uncompressed and roughly a gig once it all unzipped... and that is just for the basic CD, not the upgraded versions.

• Members

Originally posted by Zeromus-X

Not to hijack the thread or anything... but great band, LowandLoudx97 (Nick). You guys rocked it at the NorVa.

hahah nice ! you were @ The norva ?????? good {censored}, we actually had a much better gig the next night at Alley Katz in richmond, kick ass place , crazy crowd, we really like VA alot.... Well be down their again feb17-27 check out the dates @ sicksdeep.com.... now back to the samples!

• Members

Originally posted by Dark Slide

No problem. I don't own it myself, but a friend of mine does. The amount of information on the disks is pretty rediculous.

219 meg uncompressed and roughly a gig once it all unzipped... and that is just for the basic CD, not the upgraded versions.

Your the man , and congrats on the Fastest feet at ozzfest, I actually stumbled into the booth after a day of drinking and saw your number on the board....great job... anyway, thanks again... Im gonna pick up the one for 89 bucks why not...

talk to you soon man , and we should setup some shows, hopefully come up to maine sometime soon!

Nick

Sicksdeep-

Archived