what would U be doing if no drums

BBDrums

• Members
Nigel: Well, I suppose I could, uh, work in a shop of some kind or... or do uh... freelance... selling of some sort of...uh... product, you know...

Marty: A salesman, you think you ....

Nigel: A salesman, like, maybe in a haberdasher, or maybe like a...uh a chapeau shop, or something...you know, like: "Would you...what size do you wear, sir?" and then you answer me.

Marty: Uh...seven and a quarter.

Nigel: "I think we have that...", you see, something like that I could do.

Marty: Yeah...you think you be happy doing something like-

Nigel: "No! We're all out, do you wear black?", see, that sort of thing, I think I could probably muster up.

Marty: Yeah, do you think you'd be happy doing that?

Nigel: Well, I don't know, wh-wh-what are the hours?

• Members

My next passion would have been car and boat racing. I grew up with my Father racing boats and I have loved it ever since. But I find music a much less expensive and self sustaining hobby than racing, especially boats. Racing is very expensive! drums pay for themselves and more. :thu:

• Members

All I know is I don't want to buy, sell, or process anything. Or buy anything sold or processed. Or sell anything bought or processed. Or process anything bought, sold, or... processed. I don't know, I can't figure it out right now, sir, I'm just going out with your daughter.

Paraphrased from "Say Anything"

• Members

well... i havent really gotten to a point in my life where i had to choose between music and anything else considering im 17... so.... music-wise: i think i would play bass or try to be a lead singer... i think i would definately have the stage presence, just not the vocal talent!!:thu::D

• Members

ROFL Aqua!!

I remember getting some flack from dad when I was younger about how I could "sling burgers a McDs and play drum on the corner with a tin cup hanging out" I really did work at McDs during my HS senior year and that's what made you post all the more funny!

Something other in music? radio, recording, something in broadcasting?

Outside of music for a career? I don't know. I would still scuba as a hobby but would only be a career if I was instructor at a tropic resort. ( high paying gigs in that field are rare also)

Maybe a McDs manager?LOL

• Members

Originally posted by twosticks

ROFL Aqua!!

I remember getting some flack from dad when I was younger about how I could "sling burgers a McDs and play drum on the corner with a tin cup hanging out" I really did work at McDs during my HS senior year and that's what made you post all the more funny!

Something other in music? radio, recording, something in broadcasting?

Outside of music for a career? I don't know. I would still scuba as a hobby but would only be a career if I was instructor at a tropic resort. ( high paying gigs in that field are rare also)

Maybe a McDs manager?LOL

I worked at a Wendy's for 3 months.:D

hey, i was sixteen and needed money.:(

• Members

Originally posted by BBDrums

What would you guys think you would be doing if you never started playing drums? I know I would of been a carpenter. I would of still loved music.

anyone........anyone?

I would have been singing in a Carpenters tribute gig. I'd just needed to find an ugly anorexic/bulimic girl who could sing and play the drums.

• Members

I never worked in fast food, but I did work at a couple of pizza places when I was younger. Nothing wrong with ANY work...a guy needs to make some money, so that means getting a job.

I love the Spinal Tap reference to lead things off, thank WillyRay.

I've got too many hobbies and not enough time. If I didn't play the drums, and if my wife and kids didn't gobble up the free time that quitting would generate, I'd

Actually, I don't think I'd gain that much more free time. Right now, we rehearse once a week, and if I stopped doing that, I'd probably spend Wednesday nights watching TV. Gig-wise, a couple nights per month, I'd be in bed a helluva lot earlier, but that's about all.

Of course, I wouldn't be hanging at HC either.:rolleyes:

• Members

Fun thread! :thu:

I'd be mountain biking way more - kinda my other passion. Probably playing guitar more, as well.

I'd also be about 15 pounds heavier; I had to cut my weight lifting down to 2 days a week when I started playing regularly, which killed my heavy lifting and bulk muscle. I went from 190 down to 172 in about two months. :cry:

Now I'm 180 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal. :D

• Members

What would you guys think you would be doing if you never started playing drums?

Well hell, if the drums weren't taking up so much time, I'd probably be doing YOUR MOM.

:D :D :D :D .

I'm sorry, but I just realized no one took advantage of a perfect setup, and as junvenile and sad as it was... well, I took one for the team and went out there. My bad. :D

• Members

Originally posted by FitchFY

Well hell, if the drums weren't taking up so much time, I'd probably be doing YOUR MOM.

:D
:D .

I'm sorry, but I just realized no one took advantage of a perfect setup, and as junvenile and sad as it was... well, I took one for the team and went out there. My bad.

Well played, sir.

• Members

Originally posted by WillyRay

Well, I don't know, what are the hours?

One of my favorite ending lines (or any lines, for that matter) of a movie.

If I didn't play drums, I'd like to take martial arts as a hobby. Hell, I'd be taking it right now if I had the time/money.

• Members

Originally posted by kvon

One of my favorite ending lines (or any lines, for that matter) of a movie.

If I didn't play drums, I'd like to take martial arts as a hobby. Hell, I'd be taking it right now if I had the time/money.

That is one of my other hobbies. You might be surprised at how it's also helped my drumming and other aspects of my life as well. Although, I'm kind of getting out of it now as far as actively practicing it ( except when some foo' forces me to practice on him. j/k. :D ). There was one martial arts school here in town when I moved here, and now it's closed. The guy was a good teacher, too. He just couldn't get enough students to keep it open.

• Members

What would you guys think you would be doing if you never started playing drums?

never started palying:

be snowboarding 12 months out of the year and getting paid for it. (or at least leveraging a career off that)

if i stopped right now:

get a part-time job at a bike shop. surf more

Archived