Oh My God.....

JWL

• Members

ARRRGHHHH!!!!

Guess what I just done.....

My jazz sextet have a gig tonight, we were practicing earlier, after everyone had left, i picked up the double bass and got the sax player to film me pretending to shag it... and the bloody spike snapped!

Wtf do i do! I have a gig in less than four hours time and the bassist thinks he can get a replacement from somewhere.

Anyone had similiar experiences?

• Members

Originally posted by JWL

ARRRGHHHH!!!!

My jazz sextet have a gig tonight, we were practicing earlier, after everyone had left, i picked up the double bass and got the sax player to film me pretending to shag it... and the bloody spike snapped!

Wtf do i do! I have a gig in less than four hours time and the bassist thinks he can get a replacement from somewhere.

No sir..not with my kick...although, I did shag my snare once...

but...spike?..you referring to a spur?.....

• Members

Right before a gig, I decided to change my snare batter head. I was seating it, so it was cranked up way tight, and just sitting there stretching. Of course, I dropped a screwdriver on it, and the head split from side to side with a nice short "pop" sound.

• Members

Originally posted by JWL

ARRRGHHHH!!!!

use a dowel.... or an anvil...

• Members

Originally posted by JWL

...i picked up the double bass and got the sax player to film me pretending to shag it... and the bloody spike snapped!

Wait a second.. you snapped your spike while shagging a bass? And you got pictures of it? I don't think I could play after something like that. What did the doctor say?

• Members

Right you absolute moron- for a start it was a double bass. Or an upright bass if you like and secondly is was meant as a joke to piss off the bassist.

But if youre goin to be such a wanker about it

• Members

Originally posted by JWL

Right! Coming from britain, the language used in this thread obviously does not translate into American and a number of you have obviously gotten the wrong end of the stick

Sounds like your bass drum did, too. :D

• Members

Originally posted by JWL

ARRRGHHHH!!!!

ach! I dinna wanna shag a {censored}in' bass I wanna shag a lass wi' a nice wee ass and titties as big as mah head accccccccccccccccch

Archived