Percussion mounting options

Jessz1

• Members

So I have a couple bells and jam blocks I would like to add to my kit. I do not want something that clamps on my bass drum! I was looking for something that may clamp on a cymbal stand and has room for maybe two or three percussion items. Any ideas? Also something on an arm. I need it to reach far enough away from the stand so I can hit it. I had an el cheapo LP cowbell mount and it sucked ass.

• Members

Seems to me that most of you use the Gibraltar Hardware for add on's...am I right? I was up at GC today looking at a few things and they got someone new in my store...who was really pushing for certain brands (i.e. pdp stands, hardware) and I don't go for that. Then I'm still trying to decide if I want a double pedal or not and he kept telling me not to get the clearance models that they have of the IC and DW 5000. I ended up leaving and not buying anything... :(:cry:

• Members

Gibraltar has a staggering, yes you did not misread that, staggering array of odds and ends. They also have reasonable knockoffs of some of the proprietary stuff for far less than you'd pay for authentic parts.

And lest one of your feet atrophy, you should get a double pedal, and ASAP. Any mid priced model that will give you a symmetrical workout should do for starters.

• Members

the DW 5002 AD3 is a fine double pedal. As for hardware for percussion and mounting options, Gibralter makes very nice odd and end hardware, and regular hardware for that matter. They make decent mid-priced pedals, and double pedals. Also, I believe, that Pearl makes percussion mounting hardware also, it can't be bad. Lastly, most hardware companies make stands, and hardware to accomidate percussion instruments. I own the DW 9000 mulit-stand, and in the ads, they show it with lots of percussion pieces mounted on the one stand, seems to me that that would make a fine stand to mount percussion things on, like blocks and cowbells. good luck, also, most companies that sell percussion instruments, sell the necessary hardware to mount it on a set properly. Lastly, I'm sure LP, or GonBops, or whatever company makes mounting hardware. But, for a quality cheap fix, i'm sure gibralter makes a piece.:thu:

Archived