Thrones: Roc-n-sock or Pork Pie?

kannibul3

• Members

I've had both, (the Pork Pie Big Boy & the Roc-N-Soc Mac Saddle) and I have to say that the Pork Pie is more substantial in the padding area, and more substantial in the base. The base on the Pork Pie is more solid in my opinion (the portion where the throne screws into the base). Plus the Pork Pie comes in more color combinations.

But if you want the Cadillac of drum thrones, you want the SoundSeat BreakDown Drum Throne.

• Members

I have the Roc-N-Soc tractor style throne. Best thing Ive ever set my ass on top of. I did consider the porkpie, the DW, the TAMA, alllllll of the rest too. The Rock-n-Soc just felt good. Stiff enough not to roll you around but soft enough to cradle you into the tractor form. I didnt get the nitro cause I thought it was uneccessary, but you might consider that as well.

• Members
Originally posted by agogobill

Whichever you get, make sure the base has a collar clamp that tightens the adjustment shaft. The RocnSoc base (Gibraltar) has the single screw, which NEVER stays tight. If that nice seat is wobbly, it ain't worth a sh!t.

I don't like those kind of adjustment shafts, I like the gas shock.

Archived