OT: Shadows Fall's Brian Fair

FitchFY

• Members

Met a class act on Saturday night - I played a show in Rhode Island with some stellar bands: Shadowcell, Letdown, and Tunnel Drill.

Tunnel Drill's drummer is Jason Fitzpatrick, who played with New England metal legends OVERCAST. The guys from Overcast have all got new projects (namely Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, and Seemless), and Jason is playing with Tunnel Drill.

What was mad cool is that Brian Fair, the singer of Shadows Fall, showed up for the gig to watch his buddy and to sing on a cover of "Antisocial" by Anthrax.

The point of this is that he was an incredibly cool guy -- shook hands with anyone who said hi, talked with everyone, complimented other bands he saw... despite all the BS attitude some metal guys get, he was incredibly down to Earth and quite friendly.

I'm not into Shadows Fall (too heavy for my weak ears :o ), but they've got a thumbs up in my book! :thu:

• Members

I kind have gotten into Hammer Fall. (lots of "fall" names out there right now). They have an old 80's hair band kind of metal going on.

And nothing like meeting down to earth musicians. If I ever make it big, I will want people to write that about me. After I am done with the groupies of course.

• Members

Hhahaha... I saw HammerFall a few years back in Worcester with King's X and Dio... the entire time, my musician buddies and I kept trying to ascertain whether they were intentionally funny or not.

The music is techincally quite sound, but the armor on stage... the uber-scrawny guys with long `80s hair... and my personal favorite.

::singer, poised with his arm up:: "LET THE HAMMER...."

::audience, dropping their arm:: "FALL!!!!!!!"

:eek:

:D :D :D

Archived