How well do drum silencer pads work?

ToeJamFootball

• Members

Oh yes it will...The floor resonants just like the subwoofer on a surround sound, but it will be muffled, kind of like talking with your hand in front of your mouth. There have been other thread hear describing your bery problem with aprtament. I suggest you try one of those out for some answers. I'm not trying to put you off, just they will have answers already there for you...:thu:

• Members

Oh yes it will...The floor resonants just like the subwoofer on a surround sound, but it will be muffled, kind of like talking with your hand in front of your mouth. There have been other thread hear describing your bery problem with aprtament. I suggest you try one of those out for some answers. I'm not trying to put you off, just they will have answers already there for you...
:thu:

Thanks for the reply mate. I might pick some up, though for a little more I can get a cheapo electric kit off my mate.

• Members

You might get some thump reduction if you keep the kick from coupling with the floor. Way back in Mod. Drummer there was an article on how to build a drum booth for an apartment. One of the key things was keeping it off the floor. They used tile blocks in that project.

You might try something like plywood over blankets and supported by small squares of concrete tile. The fewer the better.

Then the silencers and two pillows in the kick to kill it entirely. Coordination over feel and tone.

Archived