Snare head keeps loosening up on me.

boxofrocks

• Members

My snare is getting on my nerves!!!

I'm rocking out, things are going well, then my snare starts sounding like paper. I look down and see ripples in the head. So I finish the song and check it out... I have 2 loose lugs, just wiggling in the hole. I crank them down all is good for a few more tunes, and I look down and loose again... How can I fix this? I have the GC warranty I wonder if I take it to them if they will do something about it. I know the lugs will loosen up with time and rim shots, but this thing is just ridiculous sometimes.

• Members

My 13" Little Squealer tends to do the same thing. I have no idea how or why that happens, but i'd like to know as well. I guess I figured it was my head (Coated Ambassador) stretching because that snare is used mainly for punk/harder stuff, so I tend to whack it a bit harder than other snares. The head is incredibly stretched right now, too (it's almost to the top of the rims) so I guess next time I could try a thicker head? Unfortunately I love the sound.

wow. I babble when I'm hungry.

• Members

Yeah it does. I love their snares. Even with the VERY off chance i get an endorsement from one of the big companies, I'd still be using Pork Pie snares. Nothing else seems to cut it for me, not even the OCDP and DW snares I've tried.