best china

zildjian@consol

• Members

Depends on what you're looking for. I love explosive trashy chinas with immediate decay, which is why I usually gravitate towards cheaper chinas. I loved the original Carmine Appice china that Sabain put out in the early 90's as well as their original B8 Plus china (long since discontinued). I believe the higher quality metal the less desireable the china. That being said, I really like the 2002 series thin chinas. They blossom immediately, and decay just as fast. The Zildjian oriental trash chinas are pretty good at this as well. Not much of a fan of any Sabian or Zildjian AA, HH, HHX, A, A custom, K or K custom chinas simply because they either sound too nice, decay too slow, or don't have the washy/ trashy characteristics that I love withthout the "KANGGGGG!". Click the link to the 2002 thin china!

http://paiste.com/e/cymbals.php?category=4&family=5&action=category&menuid=259

• Members

Yea, as usual, it's your taste and your needs Z.

I have been pretty lucky w/ what I have and use for rock:

12" Wuhan- bright and trashing, fast decay.

16" AAX- Fuller/heavier tone and a bit longer decay/wash. Not as trashy, but still has that China sound.

19" Saluda Voodoo- Loud, aggressive, very trashy, brighter, little longer decay.

Wuhans are tough to beat. Just go in the local shop and drive everybody crazy and hit the crap out of them all several times.:lol:

• Members

Agreed. Wuhan is pretty much the way to go. Although I used to have a Zildjian Oriental Trash 16 that was a fantastic china for crashing on. I find the 12" Wuhan I have now is great for accents but that's it -- I just don't need the big china sound anymore.

I was thinking about checking out a Sabian AAX Ozone crash for a trashy crash sound without the harshness of a big china.

• Members

what's the best china cymbal, not best for the money ,but the best sound?

I know what you're asking in regards to money not being a factor, but I think you need to at least narrow down the type of sound you're looking for. For that really quick decay and "metal/hardcore" sound, I love my 16" Zildjian Oriental Trash, the quick decay makes it good to ride too. But my 17" Zildjian K is a little more well rounded...it's good for that full bodied trashy sound and is a perfect mix between trashy and china... However, the decay isn't as quick so I don't like to ride it...

• Members

Last week on ebay I saw one, why so good?

Smashes REAL hard... tremendous wash with no definitive pitch... big explosion...lots of different sounds in one cymbal...rides good too. This sample can't hold a candle to the live sound. I've deafened a few bass players with this baby for sure...

• Members

Smashes REAL hard... tremendous wash with no definitive pitch... big explosion...lots of different sounds in one cymbal...rides good too. This sample can't hold a candle to the live sound. I've deafened a few bass players with this baby for sure...

I think they were just overawed by your "Hedgehog-ness"... bwahahahahahah!!:poke: :lol:

Archived