Another SPD-S question, because I'm lazy

marko46

• Members

Or an idiot, maybe a little of both. Anyway, Roland's manuals truly suck and are confusing and frustrating to me. I have a reverse cymbal sample I want to use, but it's on like a little delay when I strike the pad, plus the sample is longer than what I need. It becomes a real timing issue. for those of you who own an SPD-S, or understand them, does the unit have the ability to adjust the delay and length of the sample? If so, what do I need to do, in digital idiots terms please.

Thanks,

marko:thu:

• Members

I would use a manual psycho-electric adjustment of the pre-trigger musco-mechanical interface.

that is to say, HIT IT SOONER.

I do already. But that's a bitch. Plus, in my experience, the sooner I've hit anything, the sooner that thing has become a problem. I'm attempting to avoid that.

• Members

you dont need to re-edit the sample. you can use the truncate function in the edit menu to set the start and stop points of the wave. not hard to do at all and you truncate in samples so you can very easily fine tune the start and stop.

Great man. Big help!!!!!!!:thu:

marko:)

• Members

no problem!;)

id give you exact step by step directions on how to do it but mine is at my rehearsal studio at the moment. if you do need them i could have it by tomorrow night.

either way it shouldnt be hard to figure out, just hit the sample you want to mess with and press edit then the arrows till you find the start and end point. yeah, that sounds about right.

oh and another cool function i figured out was to make the numbers on the screen scroll faster, you can hold down shift with either the plus or minus and it goes by tens...

Archived