How many thrones do you own?

irnbru83

• Members

How many thrones do you own and what are they used for?

Right now I have my Roc-n-Soc for playing in the house and non-smoky bars. Sitting right next to it is my old regular-shaped PDP junk throne that I don't care if it gets inundated with smoke.

One is more comfortable than the other. I'll let you decide.

• Members

(1) Roc-N-Soc bicycle seat with spindle base in the live kit hardware bags

(1) Roc-N-Soc bicycle seat with spindle base at the rehearsal space

(1) Pearl mid-level round seat with spindle base at home in the jam room/goes out for rehearsing sub gigs, etc.

• Members

Just the one Tama 1st chair (round). Must have bought it at least 10 years ago. I bought a galaxy snare drum case so that I wouldn't rip the leather during transport.

This is a man who knows how to travel.

I forgot to mention that I also have a porcelain throne.

• Members

I have a Roc 'N Soc that I use all the time. I also have the crap throne that it replaced. I thought I would use it while playing my keyboard. Screw that. I now just move the Roc 'N Soc over to play the keyboard.

You can still smoke in bars in Houston? Gheez I didn't think you could that anywhere anymore.

• Members

How many thrones do you own and what are they used for?

Right now I have my Roc-n-Soc for playing in the house and non-smoky bars. Sitting right next to it is my old regular-shaped PDP junk throne that I don't care if it gets inundated with smoke.

One is more comfortable than the other. I'll let you decide.

The same 2 you have

• Members

I've got an old Slingerland (I think) that just stays with my practice kit. I have to stand up after about three songs or my ass goes numb.

The one I haul around and use for gigs is a Rogers tractor style seat on a Pulse bottom that I modified to fit. It's kinda {censored}ty, but it's way more comfortable than the old Slingerland.

• Members

Just one, that's all I need--I only have one butt.

I actually just got rid of one. It came with my 1st set, but I hadn't used it since getting the Pork Pie around 8 years ago or so. A classmate of mine just started drumming and has been using a shop stool--which was a step up from the bucket he had been using--so I handed the old one off to him.

• Members

Been playing on the same 70's Ludwig Atlas throne since the 80's - no problems.

Never seemed like that big of a deal to me - once I get going I might as well be sitting on 2 milk crates for all I notice. I would probably look at a manual RnS if I was to upgrade, but it would def be a round seat - I have sat on a few tractor styles and it just feels wrong to me...

Here's my old ass holder - 'cept mine has the tube legs

!CEFv)2gBGk~$(KGrHqIOKm8Ez36WsE)QBNQw4yV

• Members

I have 2.5?? Main one is a Tama bicycle 1st chair thing, second is a cheap Royce $30 thingy that came included when I bought my Yamaha five piece. Last is nice CB 700 that was $70 when I bought it new in the late 80's. About 10 years ago, the base of the throne developed a crack through the tubing halfway down from the seat and a little above the height adjustment screw. Seat is still good and may work on other base?? I would love a seat that swivels! I have torn up more thrones just by leaving them a little slack so that they will turn with me as do my fills and turn from side to side.

• Members

SOoooo I dig the comfy-ness of my roc-n-soc, but i find that i dislike free-wheelin' thrones. I want the bastard to stay in the direction that I pointed it.

You'd regret it...

ba7.jpg

This used to be the "in" thing and you can even put your hardware in it...yeah right...try THAT with Titan hardware...

Archived