Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many thrones do you own?

How many thrones do you own and what are they used for?

Right now I have my Roc-n-Soc for playing in the house and non-smoky bars. Sitting right next to it is my old regular-shaped PDP junk throne that I don't care if it gets inundated with smoke.

One is more comfortable than the other. I'll let you decide.
    The TomfooligansOur first EP: Five RoundsCheck out my book on Amazon: Phalanx AlphaCurrently playing:Mapex Meridian Birch 5-piece

Just the one.
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something...

Comment

(1) Roc-N-Soc bicycle seat with spindle base in the live kit hardware bags
      (1) Roc-N-Soc bicycle seat with spindle base at the rehearsal space
      (1) Pearl mid-level round seat with spindle base at home in the jam room/goes out for rehearsing sub gigs, etc.
      For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

Tama 1st Chair Hydraulic with Back Rest -- Stays with the home kit

Gretsch Round Seat Hydraulic -- Stays with the gigging kit
        R.I.P. Marko46 -- You are missed.

My 1988 Pearl MX Monster

Originally Posted by RumStik

You can't pick someone else's pedal anymore than you can dictate his scrotum wrinkle.

Comment

My Tama 1st chair goes everywhere with me - it's so solid and I never even feel it.
          Music, music, I hear music

Comment

^ No man! You need to feel it. That awesome communion with Earth, gravity surging through your being. 32' per second2...
            Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something...

Comment

Just the one Tama 1st chair (round). Must have bought it at least 10 years ago. I bought a galaxy snare drum case so that I wouldn't rip the leather during transport.
              No, that's not normal. What's the mixer?

It's the behringer...

Found the problem.

Comment

Just the one Tama 1st chair (round). Must have bought it at least 10 years ago. I bought a galaxy snare drum case so that I wouldn't rip the leather during transport.

This is a man who knows how to travel.

I forgot to mention that I also have a porcelain throne.
                The TomfooligansOur first EP: Five RoundsCheck out my book on Amazon: Phalanx AlphaCurrently playing:Mapex Meridian Birch 5-piece

Comment

I have a Roc 'N Soc that I use all the time. I also have the crap throne that it replaced. I thought I would use it while playing my keyboard. Screw that. I now just move the Roc 'N Soc over to play the keyboard.

You can still smoke in bars in Houston? Gheez I didn't think you could that anywhere anymore.
                  P E A C E

"A band that is not appearing is disappearing" -- Art Blakey

"If you can't play the blues you might as well hang it up" -- Dexter Gordon

http://myspace.com/boomboomdrumsYamaha Stage Custom Drum Kit (Marina Green)
                  Ziljain, Paiste, Wuhan Cymbals
                  1972 Slingerland wood Snare Drum
                  KORG TR keyboard
                  Cubase LE
                  Tascam US-122 USB Interface
                  George Steck Baby Grand Piano

Comment

How many thrones do you own and what are they used for?

Right now I have my Roc-n-Soc for playing in the house and non-smoky bars. Sitting right next to it is my old regular-shaped PDP junk throne that I don't care if it gets inundated with smoke.

One is more comfortable than the other. I'll let you decide.

The same 2 you have
                    great googley moogley- Frank ZappaMissing the CHEESE And MarkoHit it!__________if you can't spot the crazy one on the bus, it's probably you..............Cdawg________Good Sellers/Marko46,lossforgain x2

Comment

two..a comfy one and one not so comfy............
                      Jack of all trades....Master of none...

Comment

You can still smoke in bars in Houston? Gheez I didn't think you could that anywhere anymore.

Gotta be outside the city limits to have smoking.

Comment

I've got an old Slingerland (I think) that just stays with my practice kit. I have to stand up after about three songs or my ass goes numb.

The one I haul around and use for gigs is a Rogers tractor style seat on a Pulse bottom that I modified to fit. It's kinda ****************ty, but it's way more comfortable than the old Slingerland.
                          Don't Sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things
                          I make pedalboards - https://www.facebook.com/puddleboards
                          I make music - http://commonlycourteous.com/

Comment

Just one, that's all I need--I only have one butt.

I actually just got rid of one. It came with my 1st set, but I hadn't used it since getting the Pork Pie around 8 years ago or so. A classmate of mine just started drumming and has been using a shop stool--which was a step up from the bucket he had been using--so I handed the old one off to him.
                            "If you can't play the blues...you might as well hang it up." - Dexter Gordon

Comment

Two. A Gibralter bikeseat hydraulic w/ backrest for giggin'. A cheepo Taiwanese round seat for the home/practice kit.
                              What do we want? PATIENCE! When do we want it? NOW!!

Rembering MarkO

Comment

Working...
                              X