Drum kit mats......

race81

• Members

I have been on the lookout for a nice mat for my main kit. Ive been waiting to find them on clearance, as I just cant see giving 80 bucks for one. I am going to play my main kit a church these next two weeks so..... I went to home depot and found a nice mat, 5 by 8 for only 20 bucks. It does,nt have a nice design on it, no flowers, ect. Its just one color....black. Then I found a bright yellow marking crayon, set my kit up on it and marked everything for placement. Im hoping this will last a little while, keeping my eyes open for a better one in the future. I am setting up at the church tonight, if time permits I will take a couple of photo's.:wave:

• Members

Majority of venues I play have a drum rug already on stage, but on a rare occasion, I end up somewhere without (private party type gigs, etc.

Got one of those pre-made jobs with the bass drum anchor built in as a 'just in case' because it was on sale pretty cheap ($40 or so) and it rolls up to barely bigger than the block that's in there as a bass drum anchor anyway; way smaller than any rug/mat I've seen at the HD or the like.

Thing is about as big as a double-braced stand bottom, and can live in one of my hardware bags without taking up any real space/added weight.

• Members

I've used both. . . the prefab, "made for drummers" rugs and the Home Depot $20.00 special. All in all I'm gonna say I dig how the specifically made one folds/rolls up tightly and has a bag for storage, but i do not dig the creases from the folds. I dig the affordability of the Home Depot rugs, but. . .well. . think about havin' a roll of carpet in your ride. . .so.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived