FINALLY....Finished Set Of Rogers, Or what I did For my Summer Vacation

knightvalin

• Members

Hey Guys:

Well, here they are; Without any further ado:

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/knightvalin1/

Let me add big thank yous to Jim Petty at JP2 Creations, who reproduces Rogers Parts, and Bobby Chaisson out at the Jollity Drum Farm, who found a set of Rogers Floor Tom legs for me.

The set isn't perfect, but its as close as I can get considering my rather limited resources. If you guys are looking for the PERFECT cleaner for lugs and Hardware, I got this spray product from Walmart called ' Creambryte'. Its a stainless steel cleaner, but it did a great job on all of the lugs and other assorted chrome. Anyway, check out the pics, and let me know what you think.

:thu::thu:PEACE:thu::thu:

• Members

very nice...bop kit? Sizes?

Carmine: Actually, the kit I bought in a yard sale had 2x20 bass drums, 2x 13 toms, and one 16 FT. Because of the condition of the other tom and BD, in terms of the wrap and the hardware, I thought it best to make the kit into a 4 piece set with the best of the hardware used. All of the lugs, bolts and screws are original. I cannibalized lugs from the other bass drum and Tom so I could put double heads on them. so, the drum sizes are:

Snare: Rogers Dynasonic 14 x 5.5

Tom 13"

Floor Tom 16"

Bass Drum 20"

Its a sweet little kit, but I'll tell you something; Its HEAVY. My main kit ( Tama Imperial Stars) has a 22 " bass drum you can literally lft with a couple fingers. the Bass Drum on this thing requires two hands! Built'em rock solid back then, I guess.....

:thu::thu:Peace:thu::thu:

• Members

^^^ That's gonna be a good sounding kit. I wish you many years of happy playing! And by all means...don't throw ANY of the extra stuff away. Part it out and make your money back. I did that with my little Luddies and it paid for the Bluejays. (Thanks again for the inspiration Beaker)

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Hey Guys:

Just as an update to my Rogers Restoration last summer: Sold the kit, that is, the 20" bass, 12" tom, 16" FT as a shell pack for .......$900.00. I sold the shells and the leftover hardware for an extra 150.00. Still have the Dynasonic up for grabs, $350.00 takes that away. Not a bad return on an investment of about 300.00 in terms of parts, cleaning equipment, and my time.....

PEACE.

Archived