Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

PDP Platinum kit, did they make a replacement for it?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDP Platinum kit, did they make a replacement for it?

It seems like those were great kits at a low price. I was wondering if they replaced it (maybe the x7?) or if they simply dont make a drum similar to it anymore. I know they are 8 ply maple, and the x7 are 7 ply, but how much of a difference is there?
    Good Deals with: spitfireme123, lovEd, benintexas, eor, rydia is hot, BloodBros, downer01, rabbot13, mewithoutlouie, Faldoe, VTM, thesockmonster, Dark Aegis, Unclemeat, Snare227, tashiattack, joaocunha

Agile Al-3000
    Peters Gryphon
    Mesa Traditional 4x12

Check out my band, it would be greatly appreciated

www.myspace.com/velaofficial

Looks like you either go M5 or straight DW.
    The Southpaw is rising again!
    I finally made it into the Flaming Pedals of Doom. That was the longest and toughest audition I ever had to endure!
    Yep...Still the Director of the Geezer Guild for 2013...and counting

http://carminem7.wix.com/carminestrollo

Comment

Wheren't the DW performer series, or what ever they are called the Platinum's replacement? They are a step below the collector's series DWs.

Comment

Ya, DW performance series are everywhere now, though they're still almost 2 grand.

Comment

Looks like you either go M5 or straight DW.

how close are the M5's to the platinums?
          Good Deals with: spitfireme123, lovEd, benintexas, eor, rydia is hot, BloodBros, downer01, rabbot13, mewithoutlouie, Faldoe, VTM, thesockmonster, Dark Aegis, Unclemeat, Snare227, tashiattack, joaocunha

Agile Al-3000
          Peters Gryphon
          Mesa Traditional 4x12

Check out my band, it would be greatly appreciated

www.myspace.com/velaofficial

Comment

The platinums are north american maple, like DW and most custom shops. They were cheaper due to being assembled outside of the states. M5's are chinese made all the way, like most entry/semi-pro sets.

Comment

Booo China!

Comment

The platinums are north american maple, like DW and most custom shops. They were cheaper due to being assembled outside of the states. M5's are chinese made all the way, like most entry/semi-pro sets.

Platinum Series was made in Mexico, as was the DW Performance series when it first came out, but they closed the Mexican plant this year, stopped production on the Platinums and moved the Performance series production to Oxnard, CA with the regular DW stuff.
                http://www.nickmason.org

Comment

Working...
                X