Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are your pre-show warm ups/routines?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AHH! Gold Bond; my best friend. Most beloved on the hot, summer, outdoor gigs. A few years ago I was at work, talking to my whife on the phone. I asked her to pick me up some of my Magic drumming powder as I was running low. People heard the conversation and it took me quite some time to get them to understand that I was talking about Gold Bond and not something else.

https://www.facebook.com/StreetcarSundayBand

Comment

^
      i miss you, mark
      r.i.p. rudy

Comment

indeed

Comment

I take about 30 min before each gig, stretch a little and do some rudiments on a pad with a pair of marching sticks.
          ~Nick
          www.livingdeaddrummer.com
          #LivingDeadDrummer

Comment

I've gotten better lately about stretching out, warming up my hands and wrists, and depending on the gig, the rest of my body. I drink a ton of water the day of a show to be really hydrated, and I often find a squishy ball helps get the blood flowing in my hands.
            Music, music, I hear music
            Fitch Drums - The Blog for the Aspiring Non-Professional Drummer

Comment

fried chicken and a 6 pack of beer.
              Proud founder of the Trailer Trash Tattooed Piece of ****************/Dollar Store Trash Club.
              Tattoos courtesy of Espi & Alison Casson

Comment

A banana and a couple of pints of Shiner. Gotta keep the potassium up, amirite?

I typically don't get an opportunity to properly warm-up at a gig. Don't feel loose until halfway through the first set.
                The TomfooligansOur first EP: Five RoundsCheck out my book on Amazon: Phalanx AlphaCurrently playing:Mapex Meridian Birch 5-piece

Comment

sometime during the course of the day, I will eat a meal of Chicken McNuggets, Large Fries, Large Diet Coke. If I dont have this, its a bad night.
                  No nuggets, no groove.
                  Also, at the gig, not too much booze. Maybe a shot if someones buying, but usually just water.
                  BUT IF THERE WERENT MCNUGGETS EARLIER IN THE DAY, IT DONT MATTER!!! GONNA BE A BAAAAAAD NIGHT!
                  Wha?
                  PERCUSUS! THE GOD OF RHYTHM!

Comment

^^ lol
                    The TomfooligansOur first EP: Five RoundsCheck out my book on Amazon: Phalanx AlphaCurrently playing:Mapex Meridian Birch 5-piece

Comment

Working...
                    X