OT-Band Name...

Carminemw

• Members

Whadayathink about this design for a band name. We changed singers and decided to go with a completely different name since he was the one who thought up the 1st one and he's not associated with us any more...

Pocketchange-composite.jpg

It was an idea I had cause we play lots of different styles including motown, soul, funk, R&B, classic rock...typical old time bar band stuff...

• Members

Glow, shadow, shine, 3D effect...

Ever meet a type-face effect you didn't like?

Constructive criticism: dial it back a notch. 99.99999999% of the places you'll attempt to use a design like that, it won't translate.

KISS.

• Members

The graphic is cool but the name is a little bland to me. Seems like it could be a little more sly. Or maybe I'm just not used to the name yet?? Maybe something like "Sit Down and Shut UP!"??? :rolleyes: or maybe "Shut Your Mouth!!" :lol: or "Ron Jeremy and his Singing Stooges!" :facepalm:

• Members

The graphic is cool but the name is a little bland to me. Seems like it could be a little more sly. Or maybe I'm just not used to the name yet?? Maybe something like "Sit Down and Shut UP!"???
:rolleyes:
or maybe "Shut Your Mouth!!"
:lol:
or "Ron Jeremy and his Singing Stooges!"
:facepalm:

LOL...you are funny!

• Members

im in the same vote....new group........trying to find a name....one thats catchy, not used and one that all 4 will agree upon is something else. It always seems we have to just go with something or it would never get done.

The names not bad....reminds me of a local group here that was big in the 90's......Quick Change.

• Members

I like the name. That would be a cool graphic for your bd reso, but would be a bit much on a poster. If you took away the graphic behind the name, that would probably work well on a flyer or poster. IMO.

The name suggests to me a snappy fuzofunk band - guys from the 70s w/mullets and a flux capacitor. lol

• Members

A couple of points. First, the name is pocket change, but it looks like from the graphic that there is in fact no change in that pocket. Second, when I first looked at it it took me a while to figure out that that was the pocket open turned inside out. My Dad was in graphic design and he said if you have to look at it a few seconds to figure out what it is, that's not good.

Since it is pocket change, maybe have the hand in front of the jeans with a few coins in it? Skip the whole pocket inside out thing altogether.

Archived