X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone

Long story short.My son had a killer drum set that I got him many years ago.Added to every birthday,and christmas. When he sold it,it was a really killer Tama Rockstar Custom 6-piece set.He went off to the Army,and now several years later he is wanting to play again.He found a Pearl Export series 5-piece set that is in immaculate condition.It also has an assortment of nothing fancy cymbals,and stands,but it has a DW double kick pedal (4000) series. He is asking me if $500 is a good deal. I told him to try to get it for $400,as he will have to replace all the cymbals(eventually),but that is just me.I usually post in Live Sound,and the Bass forums,but this is a drum issue,and your help(opinions)would be very helpful, Thank-You !

Depending on where you're located and what the availability is like, I'd say between $400 and $500 is good. The DW double pedal is definitely a selling point.

Thank you to your son for serving!
    Music, music, I hear music

Comment

Thats kinda what I thought.He is in the panhandle of Florida now.If the drums were kinda ****************ty I would say NOOO! But he has been around pretty high quality stuff his whole life,and if he says immaculate,then these are like new.I will pass on your thanks!

Comment

$500 is decent for a full kit. I'm guessing the cymbals to be at least B8's or zbt's? If they are cheaper than those, I'd certainly offer less.

Comment

500 is fine, but I would offer 3 or 350 first and expect to pay 4
          "If you can't play the blues...you might as well hang it up." - Dexter Gordon

Comment

Thanx guys. I'm thinking it will do to get him back into playing,and I'm seeing a Ziljian A series cymbal pack in his future from good ole dad!

Comment

Working...
            X