Blacro Beauty

cearleywine

• Members

Ha, thanks. If you do decide to mod yours, check out drumfactorydirect.com. The lugs were the cheapest I've found online at only $45 total, and if you order over $99 the shipping is free. I'm also working on custom finishing a 70's acro, though I might just use the flawless bowtie lugs I just pulled from the blacro.

• Members

Ha, thanks. If you do decide to mod yours, check out drumfactorydirect.com. The lugs were the cheapest I've found online at only $45 total, and if you order over $99 the shipping is free. I'm also working on custom finishing a 70's acro, though I might just use the flawless bowtie lugs I just pulled from the blacro.

My acro has imperial lugs on it.I don't know if I want to change them out since they are harder to find with the imperial lugs. I do know where another Black Acrolite is sitting,might see what I can do about getting it sometime and making it a project.

• Members

Cool, you should post a pic. I'm guessing someone tried to make yours look like a black beauty as well.

Actually it came factory that way. There are a few out there but the reasoning behind Ludwig doing so is unclear. My snare was 100% factory until I changed the reso head when I got it and changed the snares on it the other day.

IMG_0638.jpg

• Members

very nice............what is the throw off of?? Kinda a neat lookin piece.

It's the Ludwig p-86 millennium. I put one on my supra a while back too, really smooth. I love how it looks classy with a modern function.

Shawn, that's a nice looking drum. I knew that some rare vintage acros came with imperials but I wasn't aware blacros did.

• Members

It's the Ludwig p-86 millennium. I put one on my supra a while back too, really smooth. I love how it looks classy with a modern function.

Shawn, that's a nice looking drum. I knew that some rare vintage acros came with imperials but I wasn't aware blacros did.

I've seen a few after I realized mine had Imperial lugs and found a handful on the net the same way.

Archived