Another Snare Project - Snare #5

Crusher

• Members

Got this snare drum off Craigslist for $30, as you can see, it is dirty and neglected....

PeSnareB4b.jpg

Another view...it even had spider webs inside of it, LOL....

PeSnareB4a.jpg

PeSnareB4c.jpg

Let's get to work....dis-assembly...

PeSnareB4d.jpg

All cleaned up, lets start the painting.....oh no, what's this??....

PeSnareB4e.jpg

Decided to really challenge myself, and went with a paint job that most people either love or hate..... Behold....

PeSnareAfter1.jpg

Went for more detail....even painted the hardware....

PeSnareAfter2.jpg

PeSnareAfter3.jpg

• Members

Putting it back together again...

PeSnareAfter4.jpg

PeSnareAfter5.jpg

All tuned up with new heads and ready to play...

PeSnareAfter11.jpg

PeSnareAfter8.jpg

PeSnareAfter7.jpg

PeSnareAfter6.jpg

PeSnareAfter12.jpg

PeSnareAfter13.jpg

Again, I know most people don't like Camo, but I do (I was in the Army for 6 years so I got used to it LOL) As usual, it looks much better in person. And yes, I'm waiting for the "I can't see it" comments :)

• Members

Well, camo isn't my thing, but I gotta admit, that does look badass. I think the hardware is what really makes it. Chrome hardware on the camo shell just wouldn't work, in my opinion.

How did you get the pattern? Is it different layers of paint, taping out the pattern each time?

• Members

Thanks everyone! it's just regular paint on the hoops and yeah I'm sure the rimshots will take some paint off, but I can always touch it up later on.

Patterns were made with tape and Frisket film, it's a clear, self adhesive plastic. Just cut different shapes out, paint the whole drum one color, let dry, then cut out more, different shapes and repaint a different color. The repeated a couple more times for each color.

Archived