Phil Collins signature Ride????

MX DRUMMER

• Members

I don't know about the drum forum but about a year ago or so HC went to the new 2.0 format,and a lot of people bitched while the powers that be tried to get the bugs worked out.Over at the bass forum they had the "smarmfest"as it was called and a bunch of guys got permanently banned.Of those that weren't banned about half quit posting,and its just never quite been the same.Thats probably what they mean.

• Members

what did the ride sound like?

I'll answer for him. It had an excellent tone,and you could really hear each individual strike regardless how soft or hard you hit it.The bell was louder than what other cymbals were so you could really snap it out there.AN EXCELLENT RIDE CYMBAL!

• Members

I'll answer for him. It had an excellent tone,and you could really hear each individual strike regardless how soft or hard you hit it.The bell was louder than what other cymbals were so you could really snap it out there.AN EXCELLENT RIDE CYMBAL!

Go try a Sabian signature Paragon,Neil Peart, sound like same cymbal.

• Members

It's not folklore - the RBDR became standard production after they made the first batch with PC's signature on them. I've owned two of the PC and one of the standard model HH RBDR, and while none of the three sounded exactly alike, it's definitely the same cymbal.

As someone said, you should be able to get a used one for around $200 but you might have to be patient and watch for a good deal. When there is a specific piece of gear that I want to buy used, I have found it really pays to be patient because WHEN I want it is not the time to buy. I can run out and grab whatever is available (if there is one at all) and pay too much, or I can patiently wait and get a good deal.

Archived