Sacrificing Musicianship For Performance

Kabaalk

• Members

I know these guys. Actually worked with Dan for a short while at an indie drum shop.

There is no sacrifice of musicianship involved.

The band (escpecially Damian) just want to have additional aspects as equal to/alongside the musicianship.

Not personally a big fan of the music, but it is catchy, and I root for them to have more success.

• Members

Hey, if you would have only used the
:D
icon in your OP, I would have known levity was encouraged in the first place

Okay, okay, noted for next time. I think the safest assumption is that so long as my post isn't about life and death, I'm shooting mostly for amusement and jocularity.

But yeah, I think that hitting guitars with a paddle on a 60mph car bouncing around a corridor probably isn't their best sound. Sure, it's better than I could do regardless, but if you close your eyes, you'd note the lack of polish. It's totally cool and fun, though. I'd love to do that kind of stuff!

• Members

Good thoughts - it's very true that there's an element of sonic perfection lost due to showmanship. Sticking your stick up in the hair during a backbeat = not hitting the snare and hats at the same time. Big whoop - it looks cool. :)

If there isn't a visual hook, then why would people pay to see it live? ;)

• Members

If there isn't a visual hook, then why would people pay to see it live?
;)

While I'm sure a lot of us feel that way as performers instead of mere musicians, some people just want to go witness the art in person. But yes, I want to see cool stuff at a concert.

• Members

K it starts out with I think 4 guys crammed into this compact beater and it's pointed down this ramp looking thing and they start some kind of trashy rhythmjam and then the car starts rolling down the ramp and it's got pins on it like a music box and there's bells or something under the bumper and that playslikeamusicboxandthentheydrivepastalineofpianopropsandplayemwithsticksastheydrivebyandguitarstooandthen I blacked out. Sori.

Archived