I am leaving this forum

Mukund

• Members

I am leaving this forum because of the way i was insulted in the off-topic area.You can check out the thread(namely need youtube subscribers)

Well all i did was asked if anyone was interested in sub4sub on youtube

but instead they started making jokes on masturbation,making fun of my country etc

seriously what the {censored}?

they could have politely said no

instead they start writing {censored}

and because of that i dont feel comfortable staying on this forum anymore

anyway i would like to thank all of you on this drum forum.You guys helped me a lot,i learned a lot of new things :)

keep up the great work and keep inspiring upcoming drummers :)

• Members

I don't think you should take off man. There are always going to people who are ignorant and say stupid {censored} everywhere in life. This is a good forum with a lot of good guys that have a lot of talent. I think you should just ignore the people who are stupid. But, do what you feel you need to do.

• Members

Didn't I warn you the first couple times you posted? No, you gotta take on OJ.

Tread lightly there. It's not a place for noobs to impose upon. It gets impossible real quick and then it gets real.

You ain't no teen sensation and I don't see you'll be one anytime soon. Stick around and grow.

• Members

It's the internet. No one gives a {censored}....if on the other hand you do give a {censored}....then you need to get a life.

This.

Or to put it another way...

If you DO give a {censored}, you need to get off the internet.

• Members

You ain't no teen sensation and I don't see you'll be one anytime soon. Stick around and grow.

Yeah, you seem like the kind of guy who could use some good info and experience, but you're a bit YouTube-obsessed.

Either way, good luck drumming. :wave:

• Members

Maybe I'm misreading but Kmart and Jenks it sounds like you guys are being dicks. If so, why? What purpose does it serve to be assholes to this kid? He's been nothing but nice the whole time he has been here and every post he has at least one person {censored}s all over him. I just don't understand why people dog him out 24/7. Like I said though maybe I misunderstood but that's just what it seemed like to me and I feel like someone needs to go to bat for him and il be that guy.

• Members

I read the thread. It's hilarious ... now. Leave it at that. You can't win anything there.

To be fair... yes, it is pretty funny, and he was posting in a place best known for (essentially) harassment. He didn't exactly tread lightly, either. Language barrier? Personal skills? Not my place to say, but I'm not surprised at the response he got.

In short: he didn't do his homework. He spammed `em. Or, if he did do his homework, "he chose poorly." - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

• Members
Maybe I'm misreading but Kmart and Jenks it sounds like you guys are being dicks. If so' date=' why? What purpose does it serve to be assholes to this kid? QUOTE']

You're mis-reading...unless you can point to where I'm being a dick above...

IF, however, I were being a dick to this kid...so what?

It's THE INTERNET.

I don't know this guy/he doesn't know me...it's words on a screen.

The worst part about the internet is people who take it too seriously.

Or take it to heart...

• Members

I personally don't take it to heart but damn man. I got it that sometimes you can be an ass. It's usually comical or just misinterpreted but what is the point of being a dick to some kid who just wants to learn stuff about drums and make a name for himself somehow? Yeah posting in off topic isn't the best because they're a bunch of cynical pricks usually but damn dude there's no sense in knocking the guy just because he isn't on your level, or is a noob, or does something you don't necessarily agree with. Also just because it's the Internet doesn't mean it's a place where guys can treat people like {censored}. That kid came here wanting to fit in and make friends and learn abc between the OT forum and most of the guys here, he was shunned, picked on, and humiliated. Every single person here started out somewhere all wanting to do the same things, make friends, play music, learn, and make a name in someway. He is no different just young.

• Members

Also just because it's the Internet doesn't mean it's a place where guys can treat people like {censored}.
That kid came here wanting to fit in and make friends and learn abc between the OT forum and most of the guys here, he was shunned, picked on, and humiliated. Every single person here started out somewhere all wanting to do the same things, make friends, play music, learn, and make a name in someway.
He is no different just young

Still waiting for you to point out where I was being a dick to this guy at any point...especially if we take him at his word (That he was leaving the forum...) because if that's the case, he hasn't seen the (non-dick) words I posted in the first place.

Beyond that:

1) Just because it's the internet doesn't mean it's NOT a place where guys can treat people like {censored}...if that's what they want to do.

2) Other difference would be he has easy access to the internet, and has not learned that maybe that's not always a good thing.

Sure I did plenty of stuff when i was young and made many idiotic choices that perhaps I would be embarrassed about. The difference is I didn't do it in front of a global audience...

Once it's online, it's FOREVER. I know it's a total thread sidebar, but maybe it would be best if people considered that a whole lot more than they do at present.

• Members

I didn't say you were being a dick. I said it seemed that way to me. If you weren't then I misread and no biggie. I know that once its on the Internet it's forever and that is a lesson he really does need to understand, however, I just don't understand why he gets bagged on all the time.

• Members

2) Other difference would be he has easy access to the internet, and has not learned that maybe that's not always a good thing.

Once it's online, it's FOREVER. I know it's a total thread sidebar, but maybe it would be best if people considered that a whole lot more than they do at present.

I mean, yes, this is a total sidebar, but I'm just voicing my agreement. Part of this YouTube, internet culture the world's youth is growing up in has a huge ability to become a "Hey, look at me! I'm special!" kind of thing -- kids post videos of all types of pedestrian accomplishments and want to see "OMG ur soooo good."

Well, you're not good. I feel like Mukund would do well with eating some humble pie and learning some stuff instead of posting umpteen videos and asking for people to follow him on YouTube, which is what he's done on the HC forums. If you want to get followed, become a better drummer. He's just looking for hits.

He spammed up Open Jam with a "follow me on YouTube, and I'll follow you" and they mocked him straight back to the woodshed. Are they jerks? Absolutely. But if you walk into traffic, you should know you'll be hit by a car. :facepalm:

MX, don't get me wrong - there are some jerks on this forum. But this Mukund cat really blurred the line between being a troll and wanting advice. At the end of the day, yeah, he's a drummer, and maybe he DOES want to learn things, but he did a really bad job at it

Which is a bummer, because I think having a young drummer from India posting here would be pretty cool. It would be a great chance to talk about the differences a drummer across the ocean sees versus what he have in the U.S.

/sidebar

• Members

I know he has made several mistakes but I think it's simply because he is young. He's a young kid wanting to gain recognition. YouTube is so important to kids now days because of the get enough people to subscribe they get paid, and a lot of kids think that if they get on YouTube, they will get "discovered". I can see how he irritated people, I just dot understand why that constituted being just absolutely ragged on.

• Members

I can see how he irritated people, I just dot understand why that constituted being just absolutely ragged on.

I feel like we gave him some good solid chances here, and it even started turning around on his last thread or two where he sincerely wanted advice. But he made his own mistake trying it again there.

Again, I think it's a bummer. I really would've loved that connection to someone in Asia!

• Members

Just read the thread.... Had some funny moments but I can see why you might be pissed. Word of advice: don't post on OJ and expect NOT to take {censored}. It's a f**king jungle over there.

That said, my comments on your videos:

1) Less stick twirls without playing.

2) Tune that snare up. It sounds like the bottom of a 30 gallon plastic garbage bin.

Keep it up though.

• Members

BTW...with a semi-established history in the Drum Forum, why would one go post in another (non-drum) area of the board?

To get more attention.

Well, he got it. Just not the kind of attention he wanted.

That's a life lesson; you don't always get what you want.

So in the end, the right thing happened.

• Members

BTW...with a semi-established history in the Drum Forum, why would one go post in another (non-drum) area of the board?

To get more attention

Well, he got it. Just not the kind of attention he wanted.

That's a life lesson; you don't always get what you want.

So in the end, the right thing happened.

With HC, as a general observation, you get the opposite reaction...

• Members

Maybe I'm misreading but Kmart and Jenks it sounds like you guys are being dicks. If so, why? What purpose does it serve to be assholes to this kid? He's been nothing but nice the whole time he has been here and every post he has at least one person {censored}s all over him. I just don't understand why people dog him out 24/7. Like I said though maybe I misunderstood but that's just what it seemed like to me and I feel like someone needs to go to bat for him and il be that guy.

No, just being flat out honest about it.

If you can't handle the internet and how assholier-than-thou many groups of people are, then do something else. Announcing that you can't handle it just seems silly and quite pointless.

Archived