Songs that never need to be played EVER again...

the DW

• Members

I think we did this once a long time ago, but I'm not sure....

Are there songs that you've played / heard so many times that you feel they never need to be played ever again until the end of time? I mean, they're great hit tunes, but have been played to death on the radio / with the bands you've played with over the years.

I'd like to nominate:

Brown Eyed Girl

La Bamba

These have been so ingrained into our DNA, even if they weren't played for 100 years, our great-great-grandchildren will know those tunes by heart!

:lol:

next!

• Members

I really think classic rock songs should be treated like Disney movies.

A few songs will be locked away. They won't be played on the radio, or be for sale in stores for ten years. Then after their ten years is up the songs will be released, and others will be locked in the classic rock vault.

The first to be locked up would include:

Stairway to heaven

Hotel California

All Clapton

Enter Sandman

Bohemian Rhapsody

Walk This Way

Sweet Home Alabama

Smoke on the Water

Radar Love

Benny and the Jets.

• Members

Trooper-The Boys in the Bright White Sports Car .

I've worked construction for the last 8 yrs and i think the local rock and roll station has played it every single day. I never need to hear that song ever again.

• Members

Oh man, I love playing that one.

I have a particular button that song pushes. When that song was popular I was playing in the house band in a bar that had it on the juke box. One weekend, full house both nights, for some reason the ONLY song the juke box would play was that one. No matter what you plugged in to play, it only played that one. The bar owner's logic behind not unplugging the juke box was he didn't want silence between sets. So now it's like scratching the blackboard with your fingernails.

• Members

i never played covers, really, but pretty much what i hear on the radio has to go. there are 2 prominent stations here (classic rock and "today's" rock,) and both stations have been playing the same damn songs for almost 15 years.

• Members

anything by The Eagles

Lots of good suggestions so far.

I'd like to add:

Anything by Steely Dan,

99% of Led Zepplin songs (sorry, it's true),

ANY song by the Doors,

Any song by the Eagles

Mustang Sally, Brown-Eyed Girl, Twist and Shout,

God, I could go on for days.

By the way, I have NEVER played any of these songs with a band, but I'm so tired of all of them, I never need to hear them again.

Archived