Led Zeppelin Celebration Day - The 02 Concert

knightvalin

• Members

Well folks, after 5 years, the Concert Film of the ( reportedly) last ever show by the members of Led Zeppelin is out....here's the Trailer for the film....

Now, Of course there are considerations here; Several of their well knowns are stepped down considerably, But some are in the original keys ( Kashmir looks to be the highlight here, as it was on the bootlegs) and despite those considerations, the playing is solid, Page actually looks invested in it, and Jason Bonham more than capably fills dad's shoes on the kit, as well as bringing his own talents to the table. I'm looking forward to seeing this, and they are probably, in retrospect, smart to leave it as it is..... Legacy intact, boyos...

• Members

I choose not to watch..

Seeing how there was nothing from Zeppelin worth watching before, don't want to fry my brain anymore..

Okay, those of you that do watch,, Is there ANYTHING there not done before? Of course not. Just like I expected.

Bland band, lousy drumming.. run of the mill zep.

• Members

I'd be interested in seeing it. Only because I just dig Zep {censored}. But I got to see Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience a couple years back and was not impressed with him. He's definitely a solid player, but lacked creativity. Every epic jam bit was obviously over rehearsed and stale. I feel he'd be having trouble keeping up with Page, Plant. and Jones.

And by the trailer, it looks like JPJ will hardly be mentioned... Again. :facepalm:

• Members

I choose not to watch..

Seeing how there was nothing from Zeppelin worth watching before, don't want to fry my brain anymore..

Okay, those of you that do watch,, Is there ANYTHING there not done before? Of course not. Just like I expected.

Wow, and I get flack for supposedly '{censored}ting' on threads here...

• Members

I choose not to watch..

*OOF*!

Whoa! That stung, man!

• Members

I choose not to watch..

Damn, lol.

I feel that way about Pearl Jam -bland corporate arena rock at it's lamest. People of a certain age gasp.

I do like some zep though, but I do commiserate.

Archived