School starts again on Monday.

TheGirlfriend

• Members

Good luck kiddo. Wish I could help with the math. It's been easier for me when I think of it as a tool instead of something difficult I have to do.

Finding applications for the math I had to learn was most helpful. Answer the 'when am I gonna use this' question for yourself so it's not an excuse to do poorly.

• Members

Lost my job at 54 and went back to school. Studied land surveying. 4 hours of homework every night for 7 quarters. All math. The only ones who had real problems were the ones who didn't, or claimed they didn't have time, to do the work. We started with basic arithmetic and ended with calculus. The key was: do the work regardless of how long it takes. Never accept that you "just don't get it". Ask questions until it's clear. Good luck!

• Members
Lost my job at 54 and went back to school. Studied land surveying. 4 hours of homework every night for 7 quarters. All math. The only ones who had real problems were the ones who didn't, or claimed they didn't have time, to do the work. We started with basic arithmetic and ended with calculus. The key was: do the work regardless of how long it takes. Never accept that you "just don't get it". Ask questions until it's clear. Good luck!

awesome.

• Members

I've gone up to surveyors on the job and asked them about the work. It looks fascinating. Outside work, but problem solving rather than ditch digging. Maybe I'll do that when I grow up. Mostly geometry I would think.

I wish I had to know calc to do my work, I'd be a bright lad then.

• Members

Good luck! My girlfriend has been in her industry since she was 18 (now 31) and is still planning on taking classes this fall to finish her degree. I'm a huge supporter of ANY education - both my parents were teachers! Get on it, good luck, and (I hate to quote Nike, but) just do it. :thu:

Archived