Pedal Free Practicing?

Merlin Coryell

• Members

In short: Im looking for a way to warm up my ankles/legs before shows that requires nothing but me and the ground. Songs begin at 140-160bpm, which is still hard to jump into on the kicks for me. (16ths) Read on for explanation.

So many nights I have practice, recording, or a show almost immediately after work. Not much time to get limber or warm up from my relatively sedentary office job. Its easy enough to get my hands and arms going with some tapping here and there, but what about my legs?

Throughout the day Ill tap my feet to music when Ive got it playing, but it doesn

• Members

Wayo, foos it ak wyke a catapow THEN it ak mower wyke a weeyo. So yoewer schtompy fusbuton pedowing prolly starts late and has to cram to catch up. ESSSpeshowee on stweems of woels and metow schtuf.

But since you're on bonehead, try an ace bandage. Make it weeeeyow tite and do onwy 4 a widdow wyo or your fwoots cAN hurt.

• Members

I think Portland just has a serious drought in drummers, hence people are easily impressed. The skill levels here arent any higher than anywhere else in the world; the only thing that Portland has a higher ratio in is beards.

That said some of the best drummers in the world ARE here, I mean, they have Grem and me for starters. icon_lol.gif

I still dont get what wearing the ace bandage will do for pedal free motion practice. Ellaboration?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Merlin Coryell View Post
In short: Im looking for a way to warm up my ankles/legs before shows that requires nothing but me and the ground. Songs begin at 140-160bpm, which is still hard to jump into on the kicks for me. (16ths) Read on for explanation.

So many nights I have practice, recording, or a show almost immediately after work. Not much time to get limber or warm up from my relatively sedentary office job. Its easy enough to get my hands and arms going with some tapping here and there, but what about my legs?

Throughout the day Ill tap my feet to music when Ive got it playing, but it doesn

• Members

when my son was an infant, i rocked him incessantly. probably about 3-4 hours daily. i always put the weight on my right foot and pushed off, heel-up style. it was AMAZING what that did for my foot stroke. i was playing "double" singles i used to play with two feet with one foot.

Archived