Tommy Lee who?

boxofrocks

• Members

Carm has never mentioned that he had the world's largest bass drum. Probably because he can't get it out of the room that it was built in.wink.gif

I'm guessing that it is the Leedy bass drum. They had to take down a wall in the factory to get it out of the room that it was built in. They didn't think about getting a 12' bass drum through a regular sized door. facepalm.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by fusionfunk View Post
That was actually a stunt pulled off by Evans drum heads many years ago. The world's largest bass drum head. I believe that is the founder of Evans in the picture.
I don't think that's right.

The Evans who had a drum shop who commissioned what at the time was the world's largest bass drum ended up with a drum roughly 40" across...tiny by comparison to what's in the OP.

The Purdue drum is pretty infamous, has, as has been pointed out, made numerous appearances at drum shows, etc. and size wise is about the same dimensions as in that picture (although the exact diameter is apparently a guarded secret).
Remo has made the heads for that drum for a long time as well.

• Members

Standing more than 10 feet high when mounted on its field carriage, the "monster" measures about eight feet in diameter and is nearly four feet wide between its two heads. The drum is still the original instrument built by Leedy Corporation of Indianapolis in 1921.
This is taken directly from the Perdue web site.
http://www.purdue.edu/bands/aamb/bbd.html

Archived