Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never had this happen to me before

At rehearsal last night with the 70's funk band, a guy pops his head in the door and tells us he has heard us rehearsing several times now, and likes our sound. He wants to hire us to perform at some event put on by the City sometime in December!

You just never know where gigs are going to come from, huh?

Good playing can hide a crappy drumset, but even the best drumset can't hide crappy playing.

Have no fear of perfection. You'll never reach it.- Salvador Dali

Some of the best players that I know really can't play the drums well, but they play music superlatively well. - Jim Chapin

Sweet!

A while back at a rental house I lived at, the neighbors came over while my band practice was going. Figured "oh ****************", they are gonna bitch about the noise. Nope. They said they loved what they were hearing and invited us to play a gig at their restaurant!

Comment

that's great for both of you
      great googley moogley- Frank ZappaMissing the CHEESE And MarkoHit it!__________if you can't spot the crazy one on the bus, it's probably you..............Cdawg________Good Sellers/Marko46,lossforgain x2

Comment

Thats why all bands should be on the internet... Get your stuff on Youtube. You never know whos going to stop by...
        Local musicians united Facebook group
        82+ members and growing!

Comment

cha ching!!
          Jack of all trades....Master of none...

Comment

Right on!
            "If you can't play the blues...you might as well hang it up." - Dexter Gordon

Comment

Pfft... armed city representatives in attendance at my practice

sessions have on numerous occasions invited me to appear at one of their local venues. So far I've had to decline.
              Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

"If you can't SAY something with your instrument, try sellin' cars."-
                The late, great Tony Williams

www.russleonardi.com
                www.zephyrsound.com
                — Sonor Designer Maple shell (heavy) 8 pc. for studio
                — Premier Genista 7 pc. for live gigs
                — Tama Silverstar "Metro" 4pc. for certain live gigs.
                — Paiste, Bosphorus and Sabian cymbals, depending on what I'm doin'.
                — Small collection of assorted snare drums to suit my mood.

Comment

That's rad -- my practice space has a pretty big crew of bands jamming in there, so it's not uncommon for your door to pop open and have someone tell you they dig what you're putting down.

Great way to score gigs (on a local scene, at least) - always keep that door unlocked while you're playing!
                  Music, music, I hear music
                  Fitch Drums - The Blog for the Aspiring Non-Professional Drummer

Comment

Very cool!

All we get is a local drunk coming up to us in the parking lot and asking if he can run home and grab his "Washboard" bass and jam with us.
                    PROLETARIAT

Originally Posted by Norton666

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by MattACaster
                      View Post

All we get is a local drunk coming up to us in the parking lot and asking if he can run home and grab his "Washboard" bass and jam with us.

Washboard bass, huh? That's a new one to me...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by danrothmusic
                        View Post

Washboard bass, huh? That's a new one to me...

I think I shot beer out of my nose when he said that....

Pretty sure he meant Washburn. At least I hope he did.
                        PROLETARIAT

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by MattACaster
                          View Post

Pretty sure he meant Washburn. At least I hope he did.

I was thinking he meant washtub

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by danrothmusic
                            View Post

I was thinking he meant washtub

Well it was in somewhat rural Indiana... so that is very possible...
                            PROLETARIAT

Comment

Working...
                            X