X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally did it...

I've been bitching about getting away from Remo for months, if not over a year now. Been flip-flopping between Evans and Aquarian because, really, what other choices are there?

With some suggestions from Chunkaway, I got some new Aquarian heads! **************** yeah!

Coated Super 2's on snare and toms, classic clear resos.

Coated Force 1 for kick batter, and Modern Vintage reso.

I had Coated Emps with coated Amb resos on my snare and toms before. I can tell the Aquarians are a little brighter, but not much. And... The coating didn't chip off while tuning them up for the first time!

Kick made an improvement for me too. Had a Clear PS3 batter with smooth white Amb before. I had a good boomy sound like I like, but a lot of attack and a sort of hollowness to the sound. Now I can get a fuller sounnd and a lower note without the head farting out. It's got a great boom to it with a bit less attack. Perfect for me!

My honeymoon report is these heads are ****************ing rad, and give me the sound I want. My only complaint is the little kick pad that came with the head. It doesn't stick. Hit it with the beater 4-5 times and it just bounced off. I wonder if I even need to have one on there though...
    Don't Sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things
    I make pedalboards - https://www.facebook.com/puddleboards
    I make music - http://commonlycourteous.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gremson
    View Post

My only complaint is the little kick pad that came with the head. It doesn't stick. Hit it with the beater 4-5 times and it just bounced off. I wonder if I even need to have one on there though...

Youve really got to stretch the kick head and let it settle before putting these on. And even then, I like to overtighten a tad, put it on, then let the tension back a little.

I also wonder how much the coating causes that, but my old coated ambs never had issues with pads sticking.
    -Merlin Coryell-
    www.facebook.com/merlincoryelldrums
    City - Metal from Portland, OR
    www.facebook.com/ndcity
    Mapex Drums; Zildjian & Sabian cymbals
    Axis &; Gibraltar Hardware, Evans & Remo Heads
    Alesis DM10; ProMark sticks
    ESP Guitars, Line6 Stuffs &; Junk

In Requiem - Marko46

Comment

cool. I like Aquarians very much, especially the single ply z coated or whatever for my snare batters - seem really easy to tune, sound great & wear superbly.

but I do use all the brands including Ludwig weathermasters here & there.

Comment

Working...
      X