Is it me?

boxofrocks

• Members

Its after the holidays, folk are tired, and the action here is pretty cyclical. Goes up, goes down, goes up...
And also, a lot of whats had to be said has been said. I mean, what more is there to talk about regarding drums that hasnt been covered here already a dozen times?
Meg sucks? check.
Maple v. Birch? Check
Rush/DreamTheater v. Ac/Dc style of drumming? check
What type of pedals/stands/Brands are recommended? check
I suspect the reason the food thread and its ilk are so successful and long term is that there just isnt that much to talk about with drums (or anything) and thats why when a Noob shows up we all either A.fall all over ourselves to answer or help him with a question or comment or B. Insult him and act rude because we've covered it all before.
this place is like Thanksgiving dinner with the family!

• Members

Its after the holidays, folk are tired, and the action here is pretty cyclical. Goes up, goes down, goes up...
And also, a lot of whats had to be said has been said. I mean, what more is there to talk about regarding drums that hasnt been covered here already a dozen times?
Meg sucks? check.
Maple v. Birch? Check
I suspect the reason the food thread and its ilk are so successful and long term is that there just isnt that much to talk about with drums (or anything) and thats why when a Noob shows up we all either A.fall all over ourselves to answer or help him with a question or comment or B. Insult him and act rude because we've covered it all before.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by mraia3 View Post
...when a Noob shows up we all either A.fall all over ourselves to answer or help him with a question or comment or B. Insult him and act rude because we've covered it all before.
Ain't that the truth! facepalm.gif

• Members
...when a Noob shows up we all either A.fall all over ourselves to answer or help him with a question or comment or B. Insult him and act rude because we've covered it all before.
Ain't that the truth! facepalm.gif

• Members

For me, it's because the site won't come up half the time. I'm trying to get in here, but I just get a blank screen like the server is "stuck" or something. When it's like that (pretty much every other day), I don't even bother trying after the first attempt. I really thought they'd have it squared away by now, but... oh well.

• Members
Meg sucks? check.
Maple v. Birch? Check
Gee.... why don't you tell us what you really think. icon_lol.gif

• Members

its sad. lost many in the first crash...........lost more in the crashes since then. Ive even sent messages to the ones Id like to see come back and start posting again, with no answers. Hardly see any of the geezers on here anymore. Lots of lurkers out there to that just watch instead of posting and joining in.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by race81 View Post
its sad. lost many in the first crash...........lost more in the crashes since then. Ive even sent messages to the ones Id like to see come back and start posting again, with no answers. Hardly see any of the geezers on here anymore. Lots of lurkers out there to that just watch instead of posting and joining in.
Lots of us geezers know our time here on earth is limited, and we don't want to waste it, waiting for pages to load or re-typing an answer to a post 3 or 4 times in an attempt to post things. It really can be frustrating! I am guilty of lurking, but I DO try to post when I can.
wave.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by the DW

View Post

For me, it's because the site won't come up half the time. I'm trying to get in here, but I just get a blank screen like the server is "stuck" or something. When it's like that (pretty much every other day), I don't even bother trying after the first attempt. I really thought they'd have it squared away by now, but... oh well.

exactly!

Archived