Worst Christmas Gift Ever!

Carminemw

• Members

I started this thread early because I just had to tell ya for a good laugh. I just received the most unusual and out there Christmas gift I have ever received...from my supervisor at work.

Last year and for the past couple, she gave everyone in the office (3 of us total) a 50.00 visa gift card...very nice and truly appreciated. This year we think she went off the deep end...get this. We received a card (nice enough) with a printed out coupon which read...entitling the bearer to attend a meeting free of charge with a representative of the social security department to discuss our individual future benefits. I kid you not! And that was it! And by the way, this is a free service from the social security dept anyway... Now how many of you can top THAT! I mean.....really! Next year maybe she'll enroll us in the Jelly of the Month Club!icon_lol.giffacepalm.gifrolleyes.gif

So what's your worst....errr...besttongue.gif gift...can you top mine???? (either wait for this year or give us one from years past!

• Members

Growing up in my teen years, Christmas and my birthday was all about getting drum gear. My parents couldn't afford to get me a drum set, so I would get one piece on each holiday. I had quality stuff, a Rogers wood dynasonic, a Rogers 20x 14 bass, a zildjian crash, then for Christmas one year I get a Sears hihat (and the junky cymbals that came with it). I was thankful, but I was 16, I cried.

• Members

I had two weeks vacation time coming one year. I wanted to take both at Christmas. We were really busy, the boss talked me out of it. Said, Why not take them when this job is done.... Three months later, I told him I wanted to take my two weeks. He pulled out the employee handbook and showed me the "Use It, or Lose It" clause concerning vacation time, ( which of course ran Jan-Dec). I did not work for him much after that.

Archived