Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

'American Drums' reality TV show coming?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'American Drums' reality TV show coming?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=185323

I'm torn! I hate reality TV and drama, but I love the idea of watching a TV show about drums...

Rikki Rockett, drummer of multiplatinum rock band POISON, is out to prove that "drums do come true" on his new reality show, "American Drums".

For nearly a decade, Rockett has been building custom drum kits for clients ranging from modern-day legends of rock, to future rockers-in-training. He and his rag tag gang of misfit staffers at Rockett Drum Works not only create some of the most jaw-dropping ultra-custom kits in the world, but are the only drum-kit makers who can boast 100% American-made product.

On "American Drums", Rockett gives viewers an all-access pass into the gritty world of rock and roll craftsmen

Music, music, I hear music
    Fitch Drums - The Blog for the Aspiring Non-Professional Drummer

Might be a good watch for the novelty. I miss the Orange County Choppers show though .

Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

• FitchFY
      FitchFY commented
      Editing a comment

1001gear wrote:

Might be a good watch for the novelty. I miss the Orange County Choppers show though .

I was thinking that - it sounds like that show only with drums. So... maybe?

• danrothmusic
      danrothmusic commented
      Editing a comment

Yeah, it reminds me of Orange County Choppers, too. I really really hate reality TV though, even if it is about drums.

Keller shells?

Comment

Wait a minute.... Wasn't this the company that had a bad employee that was taking orders/deposits and then not doing anything. I thought that the company was something like "chop shop" drums or something like that. Or am I confusing Rockett with another horable glam drummer? They are/where all pretty much the same she-male looking thing.

Comment

There is already a TV show like this. It is called Drum Heads on Halogen. Not sure about the network, but I have it on Fios. They follow SJC Drums.

Comment

Well, I sure hope he builds drums better than he plays them...........................:manwink:

"If you can't SAY something with your instrument, try sellin' cars."-
          The late, great Tony Williams

www.russleonardi.com
          www.zephyrsound.com
          — Sonor Designer Maple shell (heavy) 8 pc. for studio
          — Premier Genista 7 pc. for live gigs
          — Tama Silverstar "Metro" 4pc. for certain live gigs.
          — Paiste, Bosphorus and Sabian cymbals, depending on what I'm doin'.
          — Small collection of assorted snare drums to suit my mood.

Comment

• Johnny Ostinato
            Johnny Ostinato commented
            Editing a comment
            Good one, cracked mr right up.

Working...
        X