Arejay Hale

bluesfella

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 1001gear View Post
Hi pal. Man you sure can pickum. lol. Mostly loud, inarticulate and at very low musical resolution. Close to none actually. LOOK I DRUM MONSTER is about the musical message these guys put out.

Here's some noteworthy drumming.

She's undoubtedly very talented, but I'm sorry, that clip bores the living, flying shit out of me.

Fuck psychedelic jazz.

• Members
Hi pal. Man you sure can pickum. lol. Mostly loud, inarticulate and at very low musical resolution. Close to none actually. LOOK I DRUM MONSTER is about the musical message these guys put out.

Here's some noteworthy drumming.

She's undoubtedly very talented, but I'm sorry, that clip bores the living, flying shit out of me.

Fuck psychedelic jazz.

• Members

And you always butt in with that subjective angle. The two drummers BF introduced here have poor technique and their solos displayed garage level musicianship. They'd be hard pressed to make advanced beginner in a good drum program. Like what you like but, and BIG but - mine if need be, they should not be presented as professional musicians let alone rising stars.

• Members

And you always butt in with that subjective angle. The two drummers BF introduced here have poor technique and their solos displayed garage level musicianship. They'd be hard pressed to make advanced beginner in a good drum program. Like what you like but, and BIG but - mine if need be, they should not be presented as professional musicians let alone rising stars.

• Members
... they should not be presented as professional musicians let alone rising stars.
I don't care for the example in the OP one bit...not my thing at all.

However, the guy makes his living playing drums, and is thus a professional musician by definition.
Add to that the fact that his band got a fair amount of press, notoriety, coverage, etc. over the past year, and it's no stretch to also call him a rising star.

It's clear you have issues with how words in the English language are spelled, but please try not to re-define them for the rest of us.

• Members
... they should not be presented as professional musicians let alone rising stars.
I don't care for the example in the OP one bit...not my thing at all.

However, the guy makes his living playing drums, and is thus a professional musician by definition.
Add to that the fact that his band got a fair amount of press, notoriety, coverage, etc. over the past year, and it's no stretch to also call him a rising star.

It's clear you have issues with how words in the English language are spelled, but please try not to re-define them for the rest of us.

• Members
Pretty good rhythmic display I think. Takes musical knowledge and considerable instrumental proficiency. See from this perspective your stars just make heat and bad smell. Uh, burnt rubber bad smell. lol
I probably shouldn't get into things like this, but I think you're kind of full of it, man. I took the time to watch a good few minutes of Hale and the entire Caplette vid you posted, and I don't really see much of a difference where instrumental proficiency is concerned. You also have to consider that they're playing to two different styles of music to two different audiences and that the Hale vid is doesn't provide as good a viewing angle to really see what he's doing.

Hale's playing didn't really wow me, but I'd definitely say he's very solid drummer with more tricks up his sleeve than most in that genre. Caplette, OTOH, is perhaps a slightly more technically capable drummer (goes with the style of music), but I find her lacking in consistency and other elements of "solidness." Sloppy ghost notes and rolls, and while you might not like how Hale flails away at his kit (most fans of that music do, though), she doesn't even hit her toms hard enough to get a decent sound out of them half of the time. She also missed a drum at one point, don't think I heard that out of Hale. I'm not trying to down her, she's a good drummer. Just making a point here.

Soundcreation is right with the subjective angle (it took me some time to learn this, as some of you might recall), but even where pure technicality is concerned, I don't think you have much of an argument.

• Members
Pretty good rhythmic display I think. Takes musical knowledge and considerable instrumental proficiency. See from this perspective your stars just make heat and bad smell. Uh, burnt rubber bad smell. lol
I probably shouldn't get into things like this, but I think you're kind of full of it, man. I took the time to watch a good few minutes of Hale and the entire Caplette vid you posted, and I don't really see much of a difference where instrumental proficiency is concerned. You also have to consider that they're playing to two different styles of music to two different audiences and that the Hale vid is doesn't provide as good a viewing angle to really see what he's doing.

Hale's playing didn't really wow me, but I'd definitely say he's very solid drummer with more tricks up his sleeve than most in that genre. Caplette, OTOH, is perhaps a slightly more technically capable drummer (goes with the style of music), but I find her lacking in consistency and other elements of "solidness." Sloppy ghost notes and rolls, and while you might not like how Hale flails away at his kit (most fans of that music do, though), she doesn't even hit her toms hard enough to get a decent sound out of them half of the time. She also missed a drum at one point, don't think I heard that out of Hale. I'm not trying to down her, she's a good drummer. Just making a point here.

Soundcreation is right with the subjective angle (it took me some time to learn this, as some of you might recall), but even where pure technicality is concerned, I don't think you have much of an argument.

• Members

Not that it's NYE but given you addressed me directly ...

The two are apples and oranges. You can like or dislike either or neither but the body of musical accomplishment tends to override any references to the guy being good. Still waiting on your drums? The principle is the same.

• Members

Not that it's NYE but given you addressed me directly ...

The two are apples and oranges. You can like or dislike either or neither but the body of musical accomplishment tends to override any references to the guy being good. Still waiting on your drums? The principle is the same.

• Members
That's because LIKE is subjective. The fact you NEVER seem able to understand that makes me question the level of your intellect. No.... wait...not question...bad choice of words...it's pretty obvious the level of your intellect.

Once again...thanks for deciding for the entire world what qualifies as great drumming....! Your sense of self importance is a wonder to all of us!

• Members
That's because LIKE is subjective. The fact you NEVER seem able to understand that makes me question the level of your intellect. No.... wait...not question...bad choice of words...it's pretty obvious the level of your intellect.

Once again...thanks for deciding for the entire world what qualifies as great drumming....! Your sense of self importance is a wonder to all of us!

• Members
Same ole crap SC.
Yep it really is. You throw your opinion about subjective issues, around as if it were some kind of fact, but basically you are just being an asshole. Then you get all butt hurt because people call you out for being an asshole. As if what you are saying has some inherent truth to it and you are amazed everyone else can't see it. But it's YOU dude. Really. It's YOU.

I mean look at your first post. Did you respond to the OP in any sort of adult and respectful way? No. You just made points about "technique" which is something he never even mentioned in the first place. You just attacked him and tried to make him feel like he was stupid and ignorant for liking what he likes. Rather than even trying to be the LEAST bit polite and saying "I don't really like that, I prefer this kind of thing". Nope. You just went straight to asshole mode. Cause that's who you are. Attacking the OP, attacking some drummer out there who's just trying to entertain people at a gig, simply because YOU don't like it.

Haha...and then you follow me around to other boards all butt hurt trying to provoke me....as I said....you're pathetic.

Now go call the mods like the whiner you are, complaining that I called you an asshole. I guess I should write it like this...a$$h*l@...so I don't get threatened with a banning for stating the truth. lol. Whatever.

Archived