Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like lugs.

good for you! the cookie is in the mail

Comment

thanks for all that info. maybe if sleishman were american i'd be hearing a different story?

enjoy banging your tubs with lugs

Comment

good for you! the cookie is in the mail

What kind is it? I'm very, very picky.
        c h e e s e

Originally Posted by Captain Murphy

I dub thee, Sir Phobos. Knight of Mars, beater of ass!

Comment

maybe if sleishman were american i'd be hearing a different story?

enjoy banging your tubs with lugs

Doubt it. People don't like new idea's until they have been proven. 'If it aint broke, don't fix it' is the attitude a lot of people will take. Don't be so surprised that people aren't jumping all over this idea. If it really is as great as you say, the company will take off and you'll see more Sleishman around in the years to come (or at least, sleishmen technology taken/adapted by more established companies). If not, they will disappear.
          Join my campaign to eradicate the stupid and nonsensical use of the phrase "I could care less....."

http://dictionary.reference.com/help...guage/g09.html

Originally Posted by Mr. Bunk

I can blastbeat like a mother****************er

Comment

Turns out that i live near one of the dealers for Sleishman, so i might go check em out when i have time (however that probably wont be for at least 2 weeks).
            Join my campaign to eradicate the stupid and nonsensical use of the phrase "I could care less....."

http://dictionary.reference.com/help...guage/g09.html

Originally Posted by Mr. Bunk

I can blastbeat like a mother****************er

Comment

Newsflash.

The concept of a floating drum that is, sans lugs... is not a new one. Been around for years and years.
              c h e e s e

Originally Posted by Captain Murphy

I dub thee, Sir Phobos. Knight of Mars, beater of ass!

Comment

i'll be watchin for reactions of anyone who actually plays a sleishman. They just make sense.
                They do someyhing special with their bearing edges too.
                You'll hear the difference.

Comment

I'd play the **************** out of some sleishmans.

question: are the top and bottom heads independently tensionable? seems like with nothing bracing the hoops against the shell you'd have something akin to a single-tension system happening.
                  I'm blatman.
                  www.timhofmann.org

Comment

I don't care if it's free floating or not. No 5 piece is worth that amount of money.

Comment

My free floating Pearl snare was too resonant for a snare sound. Too low pitched and tom-like without enough high end and crack. And I don't think the shell sitting on a ring of felt sitting on an aluminum shell did much to transfer energy. She looked really pretty though.

I think that your average thinner shelled kit with low mass lugs and 2.3mm hoops would be plenty resonant. Sure the lug tension can inhibit sustain, but there is a point of diminishing returns. Even I don't want a drum singing out for several seconds, and I'm a sustain freak.
                      Guitar Rig: Musicman Silhouette -> Cool Cat Transparent OD -> Fender Mustang I (Twin model)
                      Drum Rig: Mapex Pro M's, Saluda Mists, Evans heads

Comment

I don't care if it's free floating or not. No 5 piece is worth that amount of money.

that's just not true.
                        I'm blatman.
                        www.timhofmann.org

Comment

that's just not true.

i guess you could take a rack tom off, and have a respectable kit...

Comment

i guess you could take a rack tom off, and have a respectable kit...

nice.
                            I'm blatman.
                            www.timhofmann.org

Comment

nice.

i try.

Comment

The UofA drumline was the first to march with the Remo Legato, back in '92. Two years before they hit the market.

Note: UofA drumline NOT pitcured below.

The top section was a mini-snare, with batter/reso & snare, and was independent of the shell and basically just fit snuggly over the top. On the bottom of the shell was another reso with snare.

Slap some kevlar on 'em and whackity crackity away on "The Marching Oreos"
                                Bring on the snow!

Comment

Working...
                                X