Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drumming philosophy: Don't forget your home

Today

Music, music, I hear music

I'm kind of in the same situation: No gigs in the forseeable future. I've been ignoring my practice kit in favor of my gigging kit. It's been set up but it needs to be cleaned up and tuned up. It was my only kit for over 30 years. I try to set up both kits pretty much the same. I only have one set of cymbals and I also have to share the throne, hi-hat stand, and a boom cymbal stand. The sizes are al little different (12 -13 - 16 - 20 vs 10 - 12 - 16 - 22) so it's not exactly the same, but close enough. For some reason they both feel like home.

<div class="signaturecontainer">Here's a tip - if you put out some horrible lo-fi recording that sounds like a Gorilla banging an antelope while using a vacuum with a bad belt drive to suck up a floor full of marbles and silverware - and folks don't line up in mass numbers to hop on your wagon... maybe it ain't us who don't &quot;get it&quot;. - THX1138</div>

Comment

• 1001gear
      1001gear commented
      Editing a comment

Still on the one drum gym. Tone, kung fu, target practice, slowness, speedness, geriatric concerns; whatever needs work.

FitchFY wrote:

photo.JPG

ahem.... weren't you the one who was talking about wanting a Maple kit? heh heh heh.

Attached Files

Good playing can hide a crappy drumset, but even the best drumset can't hide crappy playing.

Have no fear of perfection. You'll never reach it.- Salvador Dali

Some of the best players that I know really can't play the drums well, but they play music superlatively well. - Jim Chapin

Comment

• FitchFY
      FitchFY commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude, I WANT all kinds of things I ain't getting anytime soon.
Working...
X